Cortana and Flights

tacroy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
So, I have a flight coming up, and I know that cortana does some sort of tracking my reading my email.
My question is:
1. What does she do? Let me know when to leave? Let me know if flight is delayed, etc?
2. How do I know if she is going to work? I didn't get a notification or anything when I got the email, so how do I know if she parsed it correctly (or at all) is that listed somewhere?

Can she replace the delta app and actually show my boarding pass or anything?

Thanks!

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I think there was a thread that answers ur questions, as they were asked before.
However, Cortana scans ur email and identifies flight confirmation, so she adds it to ur calendar automatically and is keeping track on the flight for changes, delays etc. When u r about to leave for the flight, she will give u recomendation on the traffic etc. I suppose they will add more features but that is what I know for now..
2. You can turn on the the Track Detecting Info in Cortana's Notebook -> Settings. The confirm email she will recognize should have "flight itinerary" in the title, so Cortana can recognize it.

The best thing about the whole feature is that she handles everything for you, so u are informed about ur flight and prepared.
I was told that at the moment the Flight Tracking is currently available only for US carriers (not all of them), but later they will expand the supported worldwide carriers.

I hope that info helps..

tacroy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I've read through what threads I can find.
She doesn't seem to want to track it for me. I've got the "Track flight, read my email" thing turned on. And per other threads I have forwarded my flight email to myself changing the title to "Flight Itineracy" but I don't get anything from her about it.

Has anyone gotten delta to work? Is there some trick I don't know?

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a roundtrip flight scheduled through Delta with 2 layovers per flight (6 flights/trips total). She is only tracking the first leg of my first flight.

​Does anyone know how to add more flight numbers for her to track?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a roundtrip flight scheduled through Delta with 2 layovers per flight (6 flights/trips total). She is only tracking the first leg of my first flight.

​Does anyone know how to add more flight numbers for her to track?

Did the first flight segment just show up in Cortana? Maybe they show up a certain amount of time before the flight, which means that the connecting flights will appear in order.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The flight segment showed up when they sent me the confirmation email. I know before that when I've flow with United, that Cortana asked if I wanted her to track each flight segment and I had to approve all of them. For some reason with Delta, she only wants to track the first leg. It must be due to how Delta is formatting their emails?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I would think that Cortana would look up the schedule with the confirmation number. It shouldn't matter how the email is formatted.

But what do I know? :)

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
that would be a good way to go about it, unfortunately i think she looks for flight numbers rather than confirmation numbers. typing a flight number into Bing gives you an instant result. typing in a confirmation number gets you a bunch of random webpages that have nothing to do with flights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99