Can Cortana tell me about bus or subway rides?

bkeran

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I remember reading before that before people left their homes Cortana would tell them how the traffic was looking. Does it do the same with train or bus traffic?

mrcraggle

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Transit is a weird thing with Cortana. If you ask for a route, she'll give you one for driving (default) as well as walking and public transport. You can even use Bing maps to tap and find out bus stop details but Cortana (atm) cannot make use of this information. I don't drive and rely on buses and trains so it'd be great if I could tell Cortana what I was doing tomorrow and for her to tell me what bus to get and what time I should leave to get the bus based on my location. A real personal assistant would do this and so should Cortana if that's where MS want her to be.

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
For a starter, I think it is hard to get all the info.. Here in the Netherlands, I know it is easy to obtain all the PT info through 1 API. Still Nokia Transit does weird things. I know that Google now has it correct most of the time, still not always., I do agree though, would love to have it too

wpuser87

May 4, 2014
Visit site
There is an option now (at least for UK users) between driving and public transport in the Cortana settings. However, it will be the default setting, so it assumes you either always travel by car or always by public transport. Ideally, we should have an option to select which mode we prefer for each calendar appointment. Also, it would be nice if walking was also an option (since the default maps app already gives us walking directions).

In any case, in the UK at least, compared to Google, the public transport coverage is very poor, especially outside the London area.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
There is an option now (at least for UK users) between driving and public transport in the Cortana settings. However, it will be the default setting, so it assumes you either always travel by car or always by public transport. Ideally, we should have an option to select which mode we prefer for each calendar appointment. Also, it would be nice if walking was also an option (since the default maps app already gives us walking directions).

In any case, in the UK at least, compared to Google, the public transport coverage is very poor, especially outside the London area.

Google has had over a decade to get it right. Give Bing a break.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Remember to give feedback in Cortana to Microsoft about issues like these. Feedback link at bottom of Cortana results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium