Sorry for my absence...

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
We're working VERY hard to get things moving along, so I have been concentrating efforts there. I hope to have some new announcements here soon so please keep and eye out!

The Natural Language Query thread was closed at my request. Please use the feedback tool that has been provided: Cortana Feedback

This goes to the same people that I have been manually sending things too from the thread. IT IS SEEN! :D

Thanks all!

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. While the updates are nice, it is even better to know that a passionate team is working hard behind the scenes to keep making this tool better. It is fun to think about where this is going to be in 6 months or a year.

I'm curious to know how much of Cortana is tied to the OS, and how much it can be tuned independent of WP updates.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. While the updates are nice, it is even better to know that a passionate team is working hard behind the scenes to keep making this tool better. It is fun to think about where this is going to be in 6 months or a year.

I'm curious to know how much of Cortana is tied to the OS, and how much it can be tuned independent of WP updates.

Cortana is tied deeply into BING which is a core OS component. It does not take much to update Cortana for the most part. A vast majority is done on our end with deployments and so forth. Core App deployments will be few and far between. I'm not 100% sure on app side if it will be release based or app based, but I know that Cloud Releases are happening every week.

For example. Right now, Cortana only works on EN-US, but that does not mean the app itself does not support other languages. As it is being released in other countries/languages, the switche4s are on the cloud side, not the app side. So much can be done without the need for constant app updates.

Hope that made sense.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Cortana is tied deeply into BING which is a core OS component. It does not take much to update Cortana for the most part. A vast majority is done on our end with deployments and so forth. Core App deployments will be few and far between. I'm not 100% sure on app side if it will be release based or app based, but I know that Cloud Releases are happening every week.

Thanks for the updates Talderon. Would be great to hear about new features in these weekly backend updates when you are permitted to say.

Have to say I love Cortana and have started to see a vision of the future of device interaction from the work you guys are doing. Fun stuff!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Right now the feedback page has 'chit chat' and 'general'. It would be nice if there was a third section 'language / localization requests' to remove some of the clutter. The first page of ideas already has seven of those.

It would also be great if someone could merge some of the top duplicates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs