What else do you want Cortana to help you with?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Push back reminder times with voice commands. This seems like such a simple thing it should already be possible - or I just might not be saying it right if it's already possible.

I'd even like to delay an hour or X hours drop down rather than a snooze like function on the reminder...

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's a thought - how about putting a sticky thread somewhere with all of the news properly organised in it so that when it is released officially, people can see what is worth reading.

It is actually released officially - to developers and those that want a preview. There is nothing unofficial about the details and news. The reviewers are not guessing or making it up. What we have now is not changing.

There may be some more features when manufacturers add on hardware specific improvements. But that will be news when that happens.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd even like to delay an hour or X hours drop down rather than a snooze like function on the reminder...
^This
Also changing a location-based reminder (after it was set) to another type such as contact or time in case something changed about the reminder topic which would make a different type better than what it was when it was originally made.

I think there should be an option to sort time-based reminders chronologically instead of by whichever one was edited or created most recently.

Sourav Ghatak

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My wishlist -
1) Integration with apps(at least the basic apps like Music). For example, I can tell Cortana to start playing a specific playlist or to toggle the shuffle option.
2) I can tell the password to Cortana to unlock the phone instead of me typing it.
3) More integration with the OS that can allow options like Ask Cortana to check for Phone Updates OR Restart the phone.
4) Customization in the message sent by Cortana during Quiet Hours.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
OneNote integration: Having the option to add a OneNote page to the description of the reminder. That'd be useful if someone had a reminder to get groceries, interview someone with a list of questions on OneNote, or any other situation where quickly going to OneNote would be useful.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've got Developers thing since day one and used only Cortana only TWICE. First one in day one just to check how she works/sets alarm. Second, last Friday, asked her to give me directions to school and she did. That's it
So I don't want anything new for Cortana :))

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The first thing to mind is turning radios on and off depending on time/location.

such as: more powerful Wi-Fi sense
"turn my Wi-Fi off when I leave home."

"turn Bluetooth on in 30 minutes"

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft needs to subscribe to this thread as a sort of secondary uservoice site. Cortana would be so much awesome-er if they just implemented half of these ideas.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I think there should be a way to quick-launch apps, sort of like the action center, in the interests section of the Cortana app.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I think there should be a way to quick-launch apps, sort of like the action center, in the interests section of the Cortana app.

Just getting to the interests section of Cortana is 3 clicks...might just be faster to launch apps directly.

RobTreborno

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Cortana, should alarm off unauthorized phone snoopers or users. I imagine this scenario, you tell Cortana to set an intruder/snoop alarm for 30 minutes are longer. If someone tries to snoop your phone she respond by asking them to verify them selves by entering a snoop code. Failure leads to a sounding of an alarm until dis armed. ;-)

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
The Search button should show Charms not Cortana. The Charms bar should have Cortana on it.

I see an issue with that. Most charms on W8.x are already pretty quick and easy to access on WP8.1:

Share: Depends on app being used how easy it is to access it, but usually not that long of a process.

Search: Search button

Start: Start button

Devices/play, print, project:
- Enable project screen in action center.
- Can't print from phone (yet).
- Not many phones will have Miracast available because of tech specs.

Settings: Action Center ? All Settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney