New Cortana features shown on Windows Phone site?

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it is just an artist mock up, or if it has always been there, or if it is showing some new Cortana features coming, but check out Windows Phone 8.1 and Cortana | Windows Phone (United States)

The site shows the following image: Capture.JPG

As of right now, Cortana shows "Places to eat this weekend" but it doesn't show the "local events" or "local restaurants" tabs.

Any news on this? Would be a cool restoration of some of the (now sort of hidden) Local scouts feature.

Amrykid

Banned
Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if that exact functionality existed in Cortana's code from the beginning, requiring a service-side update to activate or would it require an actual update.

EDIT:
Cortana in the video doesn't have the "Beta" tag visible. Also, the time is visible now.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it is just an artist mock up, or if it has always been there, or if it is showing some new Cortana features coming, but check out Windows Phone 8.1 and Cortana | Windows Phone (United States)

The site shows the following image: View attachment 67220

As of right now, Cortana shows "Places to eat this weekend" but it doesn't show the "local events" or "local restaurants" tabs.

Any news on this? Would be a cool restoration of some of the (now sort of hidden) Local scouts feature.

It often offers me restaurants around lunch time if I'm out and at the weekend if I'm out of the house.

Edit: I do sometimes search for restaurants so perhaps that kicks off adding that to your list?

Maybe it is Places to eat.. isn't that the same?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6