Cortana doesn't show up

Hisham Bin Ateya

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi .. I upgraded my mobile to Windows Phone 8.1, and I followed the instructions in the link How to get Cortana to work on Windows Phone in the UK - Pocket-lint nothing but Cortana doesn't show up, I noticed something strange which is i cann't set the English(United States) as phone language.
i add it to the settings -> languages and move it up before English (United Kingdom) as the following

English (United States)
Regional Format: enabled
Speech: enabled
Keyboard: English

English (United Kingdom)
Phone language: enabled

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
English (United States)

English (United States)

everything must tell the phone you are in the states for it to work & donto forget to reboot after

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi .. I upgraded my mobile to Windows Phone 8.1, and I followed the instructions in the link How to get Cortana to work on Windows Phone in the UK - Pocket-lint nothing but Cortana doesn't show up, I noticed something strange which is i cann't set the English(United States) as phone language.
i add it to the settings -> languages and move it up before English (United Kingdom) as the following

English (United States)

English (United Kingdom)

Change the phone language in the region settings to United States.

Hisham Bin Ateya

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks bozza72 I & colinkiama I already did that and ended up with two languages as I mentioned before, but I don't why the phone make the US as phone languge?!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire