Who here is still using Cortana?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I finally shut Cortana off.
Admittedly I'm not a WP power user.
She was fun for a short while, yet I just don't have an intense use for the feature.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The location-based reminders are seriously the most useful thing I have on my phone. If I know I have to start a project at work, but it's lunch time and I need to leave, I can just say "when I get back to work remind me to ________," and boom, it shows up. I love it. I tend to be forgetful at times, so it's a huge advantage for me!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Not a power WP user either. I tried Cortana when I first installed 8.1. Felt sort of gimmicky to me. I turned her off but am reading the post that WP Central users are posting about various ways to use the app. The one above about reminders seems to be enough to get me to turn her back on just to use this feature. I'm sure more will be added as more users post. Looking forward to these postings.

My greatest fear about using Cortana is the potential affect it will have on battery life on my ICON. Time will tell.

Last edited:

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to prevent her launching when I accidentally touch search button? I don't use it at all :))

I don't want to disable her completely, she is been useful giving me directions while I drive "Cortana give me direction to...." and she does get job

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I use her very minimally. But it is handy to have. But like most, I had fun with Cortana the first few days, then realized it is somewhat gimmicky, but can be useful at times. Still prefer to have her than not.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Right here dog. On a daily basis I compare Cortana against Siri on my iPhone 5s, and against google voice on ny girlfriend Samsung Galaxy s5. For now Cortana is Queen, 😊.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Not on my main device (Lumia 920 ) but I tried on Lumia 520. It was fun for a while but I reverted back my region settings due to some exclusive apps not available in US store :smile:

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I use Cortana almost all the time when I'm at home. When calling and texting people, setting reminders and appointments (especially when I'm playing, so I don't forget anything while I play), when I need to ask about weather or traffic (this seems to be the most useful bit) or just to have fun. She's very useful.

While I'm out, I still ask her to call people for me, since it'll be dangerous to bring out my phone on a public place. I even ask her to play the songs I want on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb