Changing Region For Cortana

Bobbss

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was curious as to what changing my region to US from UK would do to my phone other than allow me to have access to Cortana? I'm new to WP's so still getting used to them, but I'm really tempted to give her a shot and see what she's about (granted it doesn't change anything else)

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It would give you access to the US store, but not the UK store. For Cortana you need to change the reigon, keyboard and speech settings to US. Reigon format (for dates and thinks) don't appear to matter as mine is set to UK for that and I still have Cortana. After doing all that your phone will eventually restart a couple of times, and you will find Cortana in the app list. Run her from there first and after that she will work from the search button.

Install online banking apps before you change the region though, or it won't let you install them after your reigon is set to US.

If you search the forums you will find a more detailed thread on the subject. :)

Bobbss

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I do have Barclays currently installed so that should be fine. I'm presuming that if I change my region, I can always just change it back right? And, probably a ridiculous question, but will all my current apps and games remain on the device?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Indeed you can - it just changes the speech and region settings when it restarts - doesn't delete anything. And you can change it all back anytime.

Bobbss

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
So there's literally nothing to lose? Sounds excellent. I'm presuming that the US app store is far superior than UK aswell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon