trick-enabling music search on cortana/bing

dioni87

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
After a long time,finally i found the way :p ... First im sory if this thread is repost....
Lets start....
Open bing.com on pc browser,open setting,worldwide,and change the region to US. Open personalized,scroll down,and klik xbox,thats direct you to xbox.com,login,and view my account,change your xbox region to US.

bing1.png
bing2.png
bing3.png
xbox1.png
xbox2.png
xbox3.png
xbox4.png

After that,open music app on your lumia,open setting and open xbox music account setting. After the browser finish reloading the page,scroll down and look region on buttom left corner,change it to US.

wp_ss_20140614_0004.png
wp_ss_20140614_0005.png
wp_ss_20140614_0006.png

And now open setting and change your phone region to US and restart....wa laaaaa.... The icon music on cortana is show.... Lets start testing ;)...

wp_ss_20140614_0003.png

Hope this is help anyone that want to have music search on cortana/bing

Last edited:

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
It works but you can change your Xbox region only once in 3 months so you cant revert back to your original region till 3 months if you want.

dioni87

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Cortana was able to do that on my phone from the start, is it not automatic for everyone? I'm in Wales with my phone region set to US, but my Xbox etc is still set to UK.
No,its not automatically. Region outside US and UK just able to use default cortana (music search are disable). After searching many article,i found that music search connect to region that allow billing for xbox.

Ghost of MJ

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
If i have US as my region initially, what should i do?
I have tried to change to india - Restart - then againg to US - Restart..

But nothing happened!!

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
If i have US as my region initially, what should i do?
I have tried to change to india - Restart - then againg to US - Restart..

But nothing happened!!

Try disabling Cortana, then phone will restart. Then enable it. You won't see the music icon in Cortana. Then play any English song on other device and ask Cortana, 'What song is playing?', she will tell you correctly. Now, wait for a minute, the icon will appear in Cortana. And surprisingly, she recognizes Bollywood Hindi songs too. :)

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
No,its not automatically. Region outside US and UK just able to use default cortana (music search are disable). After searching many article,i found that music search connect to region that allow billing for xbox.

Didn't have to do any of this and I am in Canada. Phone set to US and Xbox account set to Canada. Music search is there for me.

dioni87

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Didn't have to do any of this and I am in Canada. Phone set to US and Xbox account set to Canada. Music search is there for me.

Wow... You're lucky sir. For me,and maybe many other people must do this trick to enable cortana music search :) .

Congrats for you who success try this trick :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99