Google just added indian accent to its voice recognition system... When Cortana is doing so????

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I find that accent doesn't really matter with Cortana. She pick me up really fine when I talk. Maybe one or two words are misunderstood, but the gist is pretty accurate.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
she understands me too. but i love the indian accent on my here drive.
it pronounces tough Hindu names with easily. so i am looking forward for an indian accent 😁

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I find that accent doesn't really matter with Cortana. She pick me up really fine when I talk. Maybe one or two words are misunderstood, but the gist is pretty accurate.
No she doesnt pick..She only picks when I speak english names..If I say any local street name she couldnt understand..for eg If i say navigate me to lake town she could understand and gave a correct route but when i said navigate me to Shyambazar she dint have any clue..

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Google just added indian accent to its voice recognition system... When Cortana is doing so????

don't worry cortana is good in understanding our voice....even though its not released in India...cortana for India is in work will release soon Ms has great support for India...not to forget that cortana is in beta and just 2months old... But google now is 2year old... So wait for the actual power of cortana in coming months...💃💃

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
No she doesnt pick..She only picks when I speak english names..If I say any local street name she couldnt understand..for eg If i say navigate me to lake town she could understand and gave a correct route but when i said navigate me to Shyambazar she dint have any clue..

While that is true, it doesn't really matter in Chennai, most of the street names are in English. Eg white's road, mount road etc.

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

shyambazar 😠 pls do understand brother cortana with localized content for India not yet released...pls wait

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
While that is true, it doesn't really matter in Chennai, most of the street names are in English. Eg white's road, mount road etc.
In kolkata also few street names are in English like park street, red road etc but most names are in local language so i faced problem in making her understand them..
P.S- She could understand Shahrukh khan and salman khan but didnt have any clue about aamir khan :p

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
shyambazar �� pls do understand brother cortana with localized content for India not yet released...pls wait

I know bro..So i said she couldnt understand everything in indian accent :p but still her performance is good

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I think Cortana will always be behind from Google Now and Siri because of time they were launched.
Too bad Windows phone also suffering from similar fate.
Just look at the WP it stuck at 3% global market share.
And not to mention MS just realise that Simply bad mouthing on Google will not be enough, they need to offer better service to non American countries and it will take years to do that.
So,
Wish you happy waiting.............

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I think Cortana will always be behind from Google Now and Siri because of time they were launched.
Too bad Windows phone also suffering from similar fate.
Just look at the WP it stuck at 3% global market share.
And not to mention MS just realise that they need to offer better service to non American countries and it will take years to do that.
So,
Wish you happy waiting.............

Don't compare cortana with google now & siri ... They both are more than 2+ years old...cortana in beta is just 2 months old and is working very well... Cortana could easily overtake other two in few months.....

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't compare cortana with google now & siri ... They both are more than 2+ years old...cortana in beta is just 2 months old and is working very well... Cortana could easily overtake other two in few months.....

Do you know most of countries will get Cortana in 2015 and after.

So can you explain how Cortana will take over GN and Siri in few months?

I think you are living in some kind of delusion that MS got some type of super developers and Google and Apple got dump developers.

NokianWP

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
She will get an update in the coming (year?). Echoing the others, she has not even been officially released in even the primary launch country, so it may take MS a bit of time to smoothly integrate all major languages and dialects from all over the world. MS is working on it!!

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Do you know most of countries will get Cortana in 2015 and after.

So can you explain how Cortana will take over GN and Siri in few months?

I think you are living in some kind of delusion that MS got some type of super developers and Google and Apple got dump developers.

Agreed with you completely....if microsoft is growing in terms of features then google is not waiting for them either.... But I still believe Cortana is way much better than google now in terms of both features and interaction....i know it is not as fast and accurate as google now or Siri but that's just the matter of time...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium