Cortana not coming to uk anytime soon!

mjes201

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm so freakin' pissed off! Anyone else with me? Here's the deal: I am in the U.S so I have Cortana and all, but it pisses me off that they won't release Cortana to the UK and other countries! It's not fair. I mean, it's not just Cortana, it's the whole WP8.1 Public Release thing. Microsoft India said it would be released the first two weeks of July, know they're saying it's not. I'm fed up with Microsoft's wishy-washy mess! They seriously need to get they're mess together. Now, I love Microsoft, Windows, and WP, and have total faith in them. But honestly, I think I can speak for select people who have been waiting and waiting for WP 8.1 update, and CONSISTENT updates to Cortana when I say, "Microsoft, PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!"

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Seriously....another blunder by Microsoft. I don't get it. Is the strategy to **** off the majority of their users in the hope that we'll all abandon the platform so they can quietly retire it? Because if that's the plan, it's working.

I've stuck with Nokia and MS from day one. I was first in the queue to get the HTC 7 Trophy, even when 100% of people were telling me to go Apple or Android. I've maintained my commitment and loyal to the brand and the OS for nearly 4 years. I've invested in the system. I've commercially supported Microsoft, Nokia and many App Developers by buying their products, their accessories, buying my music and videos through the Xbox platform, opting to buy apps rather than take the free ones to show developer support. I've invested in a platform that seemingly has no desire to return that investment.

I've been patient.....oh so very patient. While my family and friends enjoyed using Skygo, BBC, Instagram, Google maps, Mashable, Pinterest, Vine.......and yes, I appreciate that over the past few months a few of these have made it on board....but damn I waited a very, very long time.

And what was I waiting for? I was waiting for improvements. I was waiting for the platform to stop playing catch-up and start to show its true abilities. I was waiting for the killer differentiator.
Well, that's what I was waiting for....did I get any of that? Did we loyal users get any of that?

Here's what I think we got instead; a company so focussed on a local (USA) market and out-of-tune with the rest of the world that it cannot possibly understand the disappointment of its non USA user base when they fail to deliver.

To summarise, here's my 2 cents (or pence) worth of thoughts on your decision to stall this launch:

1. If you’re going to send out communications with the word "soon" in it, I'd advise you to be prepared for mass disappointment when you decide that soon can be as long as you want it to be. It's a deplorable, baseless and utterly desperate attempt to drum up interest in a platform that so few actually care about. It makes you look like the **** at the party.

2. If your plan B is to roll out a senior guy like Marcus Ash and get him to tell one of his only growing markets (UK) that a major upgrade is coming, only to backtrack a few weeks later, it makes him and the rest of his team look like idiots who haven't the slightest clue about what's going on in their respective business units.

In summary, here's a little English expression you can force feed into Cortana's servers....pisss on the pot or get off i.e. sort your ****e out or keep your mouth shut and don't create expectations you cannot deliver against.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Someone should link this reply in the thread by no-no to Belfiore and/or the other WP twitter accounts. Well put, and gets the frustration across without being too offensive. Well said, Sir.

Sent from my awesome 1520 using Tapatalk

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Someone should link this reply in the thread by no-no to Belfiore and/or the other WP twitter accounts. Well put, and gets the frustration across without being too offensive. Well said, Sir.

Sent from my awesome 1520 using Tapatalk

Thank you :)

Maybe Belfiore would answer, although anyone holding their breath would be foolish. He's too busy sitting in a boardroom with Ash and his marketing team dreaming up new ways to totally alienate the user base.....morons....

bbobeckyj

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely agree! Why haven't they released it already, I don't care if it's full of bugs and non functional. I read an unsubstantiated rumor that it was due in about week or so from now, and now I read more vague unofficial comments that it isn't. And even though the timeframe of the unsubstantiated rumor has not yet passed, my nearly new phone is going in the bin and I'm going to go and buy a galaxy iM8 instead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans