Will US Cortana Work When Traveling Abroad?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am physically present in the United States and my phone is set to the US region. On Preview for Devs 8.1 with Cortana.

I will be traveling overseas to Italy in October. Will Cortana work for me there? I really want to use the Travel features...

MrLunga

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It should I mean it's working for me here in South Africa, I'm not American but use Cortana on the daily (only way to work when you set all regions to USA). The only thing it won't be feature rich as she when in the US. Hope this helps.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It should I mean it's working for me here in South Africa, I'm not American but use Cortana on the daily (only way to work when you set all regions to USA). The only thing it won't be feature rich as she when in the US. Hope this helps.

Thanks for joining just to answer my question, MrLunga and welcome to Windows Phone Central.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
As long as your Region settings are US, it will work anywhere in the world. I won't promise that will be 100% functionality, but the major nuts and bolts will work.

zweible

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Two days after I got the developers preview, I went to Germany for 3 weeks. Took out my Verizon SIM and put in a Vodaphone sim. Cortana, here drive, weather, everything worked perfectly. I was pleasantly surprised how seamless it was!

Nokia ICON on Verizon.

Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos