Cortana has stopped talking!

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Any ideas? Cortana is not responding to chitchat or calls, only returning Bing results (even if I say "Hello", it bings hello).
Although it is responding to "what is the weather"
Is there an outage?

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Any ideas? Cortana is not responding to chitchat or calls, only returning Bing results (even if I say "Hello", it bings hello).
Although it is responding to "what is the weather"
Is there an outage?

She's talking to me. Oooooh, what did you do? It's a very bad sign when a woman stops talking to you... She's one pissed off AI now.

No outage. Have you tried shutting her down, rebooting, then turning her on again (you can handle that last part, right?)

thomasiv

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing. Reminders work, but general requests only return Bing results. I've rebooted the phone and it doesn't resolve it. The issue began 12 hours ago for me.

mdb17

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the same thing last night and got on here this morning to see if I was the only one. Its kind of comforting to know I am not.

Neelim Shyam

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes it happens.. Days back.. Happened with me also.. In case of mine.. She talked.. but very rudely.. I mean not in the normal style she talks.. eg. When i told her to sing a song, she just read out the lyrics!! But everything became fine within 48 hours.. Don't worry.. Just give some time.. 😊

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes it happens.. Days back.. Happened with me also.. In case of mine.. She talked.. but very rudely.. I mean not in the normal style she talks.. eg. When i told her to sing a song, she just read out the lyrics!! But everything became fine within 48 hours.. Don't worry.. Just give some time.. ��

LMAO. Bad advice. The worst thing you can do when a woman is pissed off is to leave her alone thinking she'll get over it.... It just gives her more time to think about other sins you've probably committed.

mrcraggle

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this same issue. The typical chit chat stuff is missing like sing me a song and if I ask tell me about whoever, it just does a search

icenote

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm also getting the same thing. No weather forecast for the week or traffic guides. And I'm not seeing Events under my listing, either.

Magpie 55

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I spent about an hour trying to figure out why Cortana wasn't replying and why she's answered that she couldn't hear me. Looked through all the settings and finally turned the phone off and restarted. No difference. Then I thought, I wonder if she's speaking and I just can't hear so I checked bluetooth and turned it off. I was then able to get responses but she's not talking.

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Yup same here. She's forgotten my name twice this last week and refers to bing for absolutely everything (including "what's my name" and "why are you so useless"!)

Magpie 55

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Got a quick fix on my Lumia 1520 and Cortana not talking. There are two volume controls, one for Ringer+notifications and one for Media+Applications. Media+Apps adjusts the volume within the application. I went into Cortana and raised the volume and we're working again. Bottom line, user error not phone.

Magpie 55

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Got a quick fix on my Lumia 1520 and Cortana not talking. There are two volume controls, one for Ringer+notifications and one for Media+Applications. Media+Apps adjusts the volume within the application. I went into Cortana and raised the volume and we're working again. Bottom line, user error not phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6