Cortana vs HERE Drive+

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
So before Cortana started showing me my commute times, I was using the commute feature on HERE Drive+ in order to display commute times on the live tile (which Cortana does now too). Just for kicks I started comparing both their recommendations on my commute home and I've noticed that Cortana seems to be a bit more accurate in her predictions. For example yesterday's commute on the I-5, Cortana told me it would take 31 minutes with 12 minutes traffic whereas HERE Drive+ told me it would take 30 minutes with no traffic. I'm guessing that they both get their info from different sources?

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the same. I kept comparing them for a month and Cortana's estimate was (surprisingly) more accurate on a consistent basis. Took a while for me to fully trust Cortana after being such a long time user and believer of HERE, but I've switched over full time now and don't bother checking or comparing. I still love using HERE Drive offline voice turn by turn navigation though.

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed the same. I kept comparing them for a month and Cortana's estimate was (surprisingly) more accurate on a consistent basis. Took a while for me to fully trust Cortana after being such a long time user and believer of HERE, but I've switched over full time now and don't bother checking or comparing. I still love using HERE Drive offline voice turn by turn navigation though.
Yeah, at first I was skeptical about Cortana's suggested routes since they were ones I didn't use before but after I actually followed the directions I found that it was indeed faster. I've since deleted my routes from HERE Drive+ commute and just been using Cortana.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6