Here in the UK?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have anything to back up that claim?

No, he doesn't. He's basing it on unsubstantiated comments made elsewhere and hasn't read the full content of the announcement on the Windows Team Blog. If Joe explicitly says something, it's less likely to be wrong than any other source.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
This is perhaps a little OT but what are the primary units for temperature and distances in the UK?

I changed my region and language to US at first just to get Cortana but in the end it was so frustrating with Farenheit and miles that I had to change back to Sweden, which is where I live. I hoping I could change my region and language to UK and then get Cortana with the metric system.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Usually, it is centigrade for temperature and miles for significant distances. For smaller distances, we can interchange metres/yards/centimetres/inches (depending on how hold you are).

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Usually, it is centigrade for temperature and miles for significant distances. For smaller distances, we can interchange metres/yards/centimetres/inches (depending on how hold you are).

And what's being measured.. We're finicky like that. Example - TVs, monitors and other types of screen (eg phone) are measured on the diagonal in inches, but the measurements for the devices themselves are usually in metric.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)