Deleting from the "Recent Places" in Cortana?

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to do this that I am not seeing? My Recent Places area in Cortana is starting to get pretty cluttered. I would like to prune out the ones I know I am never going to again. However, I cannot easily figure out a way to do this. Tap and hold brings up no menu option, and selecting the place and going to the three dots at the bottom brings up no option to delete.

Any ideas here?

​Thanks!

robertwigley

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
You can't do this in Cortana, at least I can't see a way to. However, the recent places are linked to your Microsoft account, so clearing the history in the built-in Maps app (not HERE Maps though, as this maintains a separate location list linked to here.com), will also clear the list that appears in Cortana. I haven't really looked, but I don't think there is a way to granularly delete single entries. It's an all or nothing approach.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
You can't do this in Cortana, at least I can't see a way to. However, the recent places are linked to your Microsoft account, so clearing the history in the built-in Maps app (not HERE Maps though, as this maintains a separate location list linked to here.com), will also clear the list that appears in Cortana. I haven't really looked, but I don't think there is a way to granularly delete single entries. It's an all or nothing approach.

That worked well and also did not delete those I had saved into my Favorites list. Thank you.

Being able to delete things directly from Cortana would be a good feature for future updates.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
just delete it from favorite of you phone in Cortana and it will also delete it from recent

Thanks, but I may have been unclear. I did not wish to delete my favorites, but rather the other places I had searched or been to which showed up in my "recent" places in Cortana.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb