UK Cortana not chatty

misterphipps

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just received my update 1 and UK's Cortana. Having used the US version for a while, I did what any sensible person would do, and said hello.

UK Cortana Binged it.

I asked her how she was.

She Binged it.

I do not think UK Cortana loves us as much as US Cortana.

steppyhen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Noticed the same thing - hopefully as she gets to know the UK she'll get a back-end update to become more chatty. Shame really as I wanted her to tell me a joke but I just got Bing results too.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
strange this, my cortana says cant operate in my region (not enabled) and yet i am on 8.1 DP GDR1 and changed my language and region to uk, after being on the us workaround prior to today

The Dude66

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Cortana on my 930 doesn't much either. Basically she clueless, is thinking a lot and can't find a thing. Microsoft suppose to switch on a UK server.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
strange this, my cortana says cant operate in my region (not enabled) and yet i am on 8.1 DP GDR1 and changed my language and region to uk, after being on the us workaround prior to today

Did you change all the settings back? Speech, keyboard, language (done), and region (done).

Thomas Jordan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Same on my 930. She is very boring. Maybe they just haven't opened her up on the back end yet as it only been a few hours I hope so anyway.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Disappointing, I presume this'll come but you'd think they'd have it there from day one as that's what people are going to try out.

Any one else face this blank screen when trying to add interests too? wp_ss_20140804_0001.jpg

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Looking forward to getting full features in the UK, not just Bing searches, the responses it does do are great

and as a little more, when I say Text Mam, stop converting it to Text Mom and saying you don't know who Mom is

mrcraggle

May 31, 2012
Visit site
So I guess my theory was right. The UK isn't getting a proper voice actress and instead gets a TTS posh accent. Just ask "what can I say?" It's the only thing I can get a response from

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing this will get better (it /is/ a Beta after all), but this seems pretty crippled compared to the US version.

I've tried a few simple commands that you'd expect to work, including various ways of asking her to post to twitter (Gets Bing), read my email (Bing) and of course the old favourite 'Tell me a joke' - yup, she Bings that too!

Hardly the sort of thing I'll be showing off to my iPhone or Android loving friends any time soon! Again, I realise this is just a Beta, but I'd have thought Microsoft would be on a much more accelerated development schedule for this stuff.

I also get the blank screen when I try to add interests to Cortana.

Such Cortana, Very Beta ... er ... Wow?

--
RC

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member