Your UK Experience of Cortana

M Mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
To enable Cortana in Australia (or India) you have to choose English (UK) voice. Cortana wouldn't work with English (US). No Jen's voice.
Hope it's clear now.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
just had a weird one

I have an appointment booked for every Monday at 9am
I have never seen cortana tell me when its time to leave for this
as today is a holiday I am just at home, didn't cancel appointment just left it in calendar

at 9:40 up pops cortana telling me I need to leave at 9:42 in order to be there for 9am (not a typo, it did say leave the house 42 mins after appointment to be there on time)

sounds like some type of time zone issue, but this doesn't seem to match uk time zones

rafaldo

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Still has a robotic voice for me, and the accent really takes away from the experience - I want to feel like the real Cortana is talking to me!

T 33

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Cortana has started to give me information about my journey to work. However I go by train from Outside London and she directs me to buses all the time. It seems she does not know about UK's trains nor can she get information when they are late. Big Fail for me!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Cortana has started to give me information about my journey to work. However I go by train from Outside London and she directs me to buses all the time. It seems she does not know about UK's trains nor can she get information when they are late. Big Fail for me!
you can tap the text at the bottom of the app which lets you send feedback. Remember it is still a beta.

Last edited:

trev81uk

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, for me I've had Cortana since it was available and today I've deactivated it/her.
It doesn't seem to do a lot, tells me when I should begin my commute to and from work, which is the same every day, slows down my Bing searches and that's about it. The voice recognition is poor.
Maybe we can expect more from a future version?!?!?

Goldn3agle

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Cortana has just been getting progressively worse for me, she won't even detect my voice anymore. I've tried all the guides and steps dotted around by no luck. :(

EDIT: Quiet Hours have also stopped working now, they're set up but they don't start.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
If your on 8.1 then change your region, keyboard and language to USA. You now have Cortana. You have to download the American speech when you switch language which wont take long

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am on 8.1 in the UK, but no Cortana. Does anyone know when?

The UK version of Cortana comes with Windows Phone 8.1 Update (commonly known as GDR1). We don't know a date when this update will start rolling out (WP8.1 isn't worldwide yet), but should be in the next few months. Cortana is available in the UK for people in the Developer Preview programme.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seeing that Cortana has been particularly slow to respond over the past couple of days? It's currently taking about 30 seconds to respond - sometimes telling me there's no internet connection when I clearly have one.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Great, so Cortana UK continues getting worse then. First we lose impressions, then we don't get any updates that the US version has, commuting reminder stopped working, and now this...

If I wasn't a moderator, I'd be ranting...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb