Your experience with Cortana (INDIA)

Prudhvi Raj

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys.. looks like Cortana at this moment works only with UK settings (earlier reported to have an option between US or UK)..
Looks like Cortana is having a hard time out with the Indian accent with UK settings.. It used to understand 9 out of 10 times in US settings.. but with alpha status and UK settings it doesn't understand 9 out of 10 times..
All it does is calling/texting someone.. like dad/brother/mom..
For any other query it just says sorry i didn't get that
So what replies are you getting with Cortana (alpha).. What is your experience??

arunlodhi

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here.. With the region settings set to US, it understood most of the things. Now it never catches anything what I say.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
At least I am not experiencing anything like that,,,,.. For me its all the same just not that well featured.... Which I know its the matter of time,...... So I am happy..

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
What it does at the moment for me:
[1] She perfectly lists out all appointments and birthday events. Guess what, she reads all of those(Cortana Beta- US reads only the title of the meetings). Thumbs up for that :)
[2] She launches apps when I command her to do so.
[3] Today while leaving for office, she showed me traffic condition :)
[4] She recognizes my family members.
[5] She cracked a joke.

What it does not do at the moment:
[1] She can't call me by my name.
[2] She can't sing a song for me.
[3] Her favourite excuse of not performing correct tasks is either "Sorry, I did not catch that" or "I am still in Alpha". Makes sense to me :)

One more thing I have noticed that voice of Cortana is not impressive and lacks confidence :)

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm with the beta. Seems like I'm favourite of beta Cortana only. And she understands whatever I speak. Lol, she taught me American accent. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss