Updated Cortana Voice in Update 1

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
One thing that I've seen no one mention yet is that Cortana's voice seemed to have been updated with Update 1. I'm not too sure how to explain the difference in the prerecorded segments, but the computerized voice is a lot more closer to the real one. When she's reading a mixed phrase like "Text from NAME," it's actually a bit tricky sometimes to tell the difference between the prerecorded parts and the computerized parts. This is a huge step forward in terms of sounding consistent and human overall.

Anyone else notice this?

tommymac501

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed she's messed up. She drop's syllables. "You ave a text from Bill ith"... Driving me crazy. I've restarted a couple times too. This is Cortana talking through my car's Bluetooth, but it's been fine up until now.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Try deleting and re-pairing with the device. A few weeks ago, everyone suddenly started complaining to me that they were hearing an echo. I spent a while trying to figure that out, but it turned out that a simple re-pairing was all it took. Give it a try- worth a shot...

itscramtastic

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that today when I received a message. To me it feels more like a conversation with the phone instead of just dictating to it. Pretty neat. It did throw me off at first, I adjusted the volume and tried a few commands to make sure I wasn't going crazy LOL

tommymac501

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Well I tried re-pairing, and that didn't help. Now she is dropping words starting sentences like instead of "You have a text from " I hear ". have a text from ". I suppose I will have to re set her, but I have a lot of regular reminders in her I have to re create. Ugh.. lol I can't live without her though.. :)

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The "computer voice" segments have just been sped up and smoothed out slightly. It's better but still jarring to hear two different voices give you weather or sports scores.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)