'Getting around' with public transport

wpuser87

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Comparing to the US version that I used until yesterday, I like that the 'getting around' feature now allows to choose between 'driving' and 'public transport', at least in the UK.

wp_ss_20140805_0002.png

I know it's still in beta, but I wish it offered a few more options/features though, like in Google Now:

• 'walking' option, alongside 'driving' and 'public transport';
  • separate options for commuting and everyday getting around (for instance, I usually walk to work but go to the city centre by bus);
  • an option in the Calendar app to change the mode of transportation for a specific appointment (for instance, I may usually take public transport but may decide to go by car for a specific event);
  • improve the public transport data in the UK (I live in the East Midlands and Cortana/Bing doesn't give almost any public transport directions, Google has all the buses and trains in this region).

wpuser87

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to add that the only public transport in the UK that Cortana/Bing seems to know is the London Underground (tried both with Cortana and the UK web version of Bing Maps). Maybe it's something that hasn't been activated on the server side?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise