UK Cortana not very British

Julian Williams2

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Love the thinking behind Cortana and she is a nice bit of fun. But have to say, so far pretty disappointed with the UK version. She still thinks colour is spelt color - and it appears she is not a fan of Championship League Football because I can find no way of adding Wolverhampton Wanderers to my sports list.

Has anyone else discovered "un-Britishness" within UK Cortana?

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I think we just need to be patient while they add more to the uk version (I do agree that UK spelling should have been correct from the start though)

Football currently only has premiership, not sure why on this, if it links into the sports app this includes much more

Spelling does seem to be getting better for me, at first if I used Centre in a comment it put it with US spelling, today it has started using the correct spelling, so perhaps changes are being done in the background

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
We have to remember it's still in Beta, and if the occasional American spelling is all we're noticing so far that's fairly impressive.
As I've said on other threads would love it if they got in Liz Hurley to do the recorded speech part for the UK.

Julian Williams2

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Agree with you Paul - it's only beta and it sounds like the spelling's getting sorted out. Good to be in on the start and see it develop.

Ha! And Liz Hurley. Nice. As long as it's not Zoe Ball - wouldn't be able to get a word in edge ways :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6