Microsoft: please add Quiet Hours voice commands!

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Recently I have been trying to use quiet hours for meetings instead of simply setting my phone to vibrate. Unfortunately, turning quiet hours back off again is a manual process.

What I would like Microsoft to do is add a voice command that says "turn on quiet hours until 2:00pm today," where in this example 2pm would be when I wanted quiet hours to be switched back off.

Enabling quiet hours voice commands would be an easy way to make quiet hours eminently more useful. Please post your support and comments here, or share other ways to get this idea to the folks at Microsoft who can implement it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure Quiet Hours is set to turn on when your calendar is marked "Busy."

Set up your meetings in calendar and mark them busy... Set the duration and Quiet Hours will turn on and off automagically. If you have a regular meeting set the frequency so you only have to do it once and it is a done deal.

You can even start the process in Cortana via voice command, "Set Appointment...," then verbally and manually finish the conditions right there on the Cortana screen before submitting it.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
You can set up quiet hours to engage automatically at times and days your set. You can enable quiet hours automatically when you have a Calender meeting scheduled. Also, you can simply tell Cortana to initiate quiet hours.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Huh. My ca. 1999 Nokia Communicator lacked a vibrate function. But you could turn the ringer off for a set amount of time.

I always liked that. So logical.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Recently I have been trying to use quiet hours for meetings instead of simply setting my phone to vibrate. Unfortunately, turning quiet hours back off again is a manual process.

What I would like Microsoft to do is add a voice command that says "turn on quiet hours until 2:00pm today," where in this example 2pm would be when I wanted quiet hours to be switched back off.

Enabling quiet hours voice commands would be an easy way to make quiet hours eminently more useful. Please post your support and comments here, or share other ways to get this idea to the folks at Microsoft who can implement it.

just need to tell her "turn quiet hours on" after the meeting tell her "turn quiet hours off". don't use a time frame.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think part of the OP's motivation for the request is that he gets out of the meeting and forgets his phone is on Quiet Hours... So he continues on with his busy day not realizing for some time he is not receiving a notification sound...

Needing to manually end Quiet Hours struck me as the major complaint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12