Do you use alpha cortana regularly?

hari pavan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Everyone whoz having cortana as alpha, I would like to ask that you guys use cortana regularly and if yes for what purposes do you use ?

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have beta I think, (who knows) but I find it to be useless, and kinda silly actually. It's a novelty that I think was extremely overhyped, and that I don't see myself ever having a need for.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Ther are soooo many damn ads on this website now that replying to a message has become a sort of torture waiting for all of the pm to load....

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
No I can't spoil already woeful battery life by using cortana on my lumia 820.I wait to get to get a good battery life wp like lumia 1520.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use it for many things.
> Weather
> Local places nearby.
> Calculator
> My appointments.
> when my phone is in pocket I just tell Cortana to play songs from earphone and it starts playing songs.
> Song Recognition (No need of Shazam)
Sent from my Lumia.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I use it for many things.
> Weather
> Local places nearby.
> Calculator
> My appointments.
> when my phone is in pocket I just tell Cortana to play songs from earphone and it starts playing songs.
Sent from my Lumia.

how can u ask her to play songs without touching the phone?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Sent from my Lumia.

That feature has got every single song wrong, ok well 98% of the time (it got 1 song right, but couldnt name the song just the album title). This feature used to work well (from Bing) but i find this new version is trash. Do you guys find it gives you the correct song titles? And note, majority of the songs Ive been testing with are popular (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Deadmau5, NiN, etc).

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That feature has got every single song wrong, ok well 98% of the time (it got 1 song right, but couldnt name the song just the album title). This feature used to work well (from Bing) but i find this new version is trash. Do you guys find it gives you the correct song titles? And note, majority of the songs Ive been testing with are popular (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Deadmau5, NiN, etc).

Well it's working perfectly fine for me.

Splacknuk

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I use Cortana several times per day for tasks such as setting appointments and sending texts.
I use Cortana for other things occasionally, such as looking up information.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Indian alpha cortana cant recognise a single word I say, but typing instructions works well. I hope they fix up the alpha cortana soon

Try this:
> Change your speech language to English US and untick the native recognition option.
> Change your speech language back to English UK and there you go.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Cortana is awesome.

Use her all the time. The other day was the first time that she did the bit of 'would you like me to track xx flight?' because my girlfriend sent me an email with her flight info. There was that half a second where I though how do you know sorceress!!! Then I remembered the email right away.

During the day of the flight she showed me updates about the flight and even suggested when to leave the apartment to not miss the flight (she wanted to leave waaaayyy too early, and here I thought I was paranoid about getting to the airport on time). She also gave me weather information of the destination a few hours before the flight.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Well it's working perfectly fine for me.

Honestly, wish I could say the same. I have disabled Cortana and now it recognizes every song...weird.

Anyway, I've disabled Cortana. I put a reminder to pick up a door handle when I was at home depot (and picked the location near my place, excellent!), but when I got to the location it didn't prompt or notify me...i did a 'where am i' and Here Maps couldn't even tell me my exact address...just stated 'you are around this area'. Ok, reminders are also useless for me I guess...annoying.

akike

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
These are my most popular use cases atm.
- "Call door" to open the garage door and "redial" to open it again to get out.
- Sometimes I say "Call wife"
- Remind me every day" until I complete some very important task
- Remind me to buy something when I arrive to the local mall

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett