Windows phone 9.0. who's excited?

d3ac0n

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
There will be a merge between Windows PhoneNT kernel and Windows RT kernel into one. This will lay the road to the merge of the desktop kernel with the mobile kernel in a couple of generations into the future. Threshold is the unification of apps and with Windows 12 there will be only one platform, sharing kernel, UI and apps. The only variation will be form factor.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
How can anyone be excited when they can't even get their act together with officially releasing Windows Phone 8.1? I know....I know...it's the carriers. Tired of hearing that. The only hope at this point is the enterprise and the low to mid range market for Microsoft. Based on what we are seeing this fall it appears they know it too but won't come out and say it. I have teenagers and a failed attempt to get one to use a Windows Phone- didn't work. Couldn't even sustain it for a year before giving in to Apple. I am a Microsoft fan, but I just don't see them ever getting significant market share, that mountain is way too high. They know it too because they already have set up camp in iOS and Android with Onedrive and Office. So can I get excited with Wp 9? Not really because I can't even see an offical version of 8.1 on my Lumia now and it was announced how many months ago?

Seriously? MS has granted us the ability to get all updates as soon as possible thru the dev preview program but you just totally ignore that and keep complaining that your carrier is so slow... -_-
I have been enjoying 8.1 for months and you could be too but you're just too ignorant I guess.

And no it's not some kind of beta software! it's the real, most up-to-date, OFFICIAL version!!!!

Seriously what are you waiting for?!?!

Soble

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Seriously? MS has granted us the ability to get all updates as soon as possible thru the dev preview program but you just totally ignore that and keep complaining that your carrier is so slow... -_-
I have been enjoying 8.1 for months and you could be too but you're just too ignorant I guess.

And no it's not some kind of beta software! it's the real, most up-to-date, OFFICIAL version!!!!

Seriously what are you waiting for?!?!
Yeah but it's MOST up-to-date, especially Lumia 1520,1020,930 and icon.(but these one got cyan update). And Although dp and official one are same, I want to get official one. Isn't it obvious? 😊

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Didn't know there were so many Microsoft insiders posting on this forum with knowledge of WP future updates.....

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
who cares, bottomline is they cheated wp7customers
Happens everywhere bro.
Android-Galaxy s3,s2, HTC one x,x+, Samsung galaxy nexus don't get kitkat. Neither do any budget Android devices get any OS update.
Apple- iPhone 4 won't get ios8, and already lacks features in the OS updates like Siri, etc. And I doubt iPhone 4s will get the ios 8 update.
Blackberry-bb7 devices don't get updates to bb10. And bb7 devices are still being sold.
Symbian-OS updates abandoned by Nokia, Sony Ericsson.
WebOS-abandoned by hp.

My 620 is a 2012 phone, and has got cyan+8.1+ update 1+ Cortana alpha, in 2014, 2 years later. Same for the 920,820,etc. And WP 7 devices were started in 2010, and received their last update in 2013. That is pretty darn good as compared to the other OSes,a support of 3 years. Including budget phones. My 620 is supported until 2017. What more could I want? I've got more updates than I paid for, keeping in mind that this is a budget device. Thanks Microsoft, is all I can say. :)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm massively excited about Windows 9. Why? Because actually Windows 8.1 is everything I need. It has parity with other platforms and until I get a new phone I can't even use existing features like Miracast and the new Miracast dongle just reported.

I'd like faster photos... More battery life. That's about it. Users need to still push companies hard on filling the app space. Especially banks and the likes. But the phone OS is now great! I'm sure neat changes are coming but we're not missing key stuff like notifications and Cortana and Bluetooth LE.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, if windows phone reaches feature parity and new OSes only start coming with performance upgrades and that sort of stuff, then, it wouldn't matter. But imagine missing out on App transfer to SD card support or Action center or backgrounds or folders or background downloads or new customizations or better native hubs or email clients... It'd be a bummer to miss that kind of stuff.

What I meant to say is, that an OS which is still maturing can't afford stuff like that. But, then again it'd depend on hardware capabilities of existing phones.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
who cares, bottomline is they cheated wp7customers

I was a WP7 customer and I didn't feel cheated.

I'd say it was early WP8 adopters who were cheated, as they spent money on new devices that didn't do much a WP7 device couldn't. For some things, WP7 was actually better and even faster. Even app support continued for a very long time.

Unfortunately such subtleties were lost on most, and many heads exploded over wanting a WP8 update, if for no other reason than 8.0 > 7.8.

Last edited:

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
MS needs to show something good to get back in the game.
I'm definitely excited to see what they have: Windows 9, the merged ARM OS and Metro 2.0.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
They're announcing windows 9 not windows phone 9. My opinion: resolve the issues with WP8, make it as awesome as possible, and MARKET IT. This way when it's time to develop its successor you'll have built a consumer base confident enough in you to be bothered with it. If your current OS is half baked what makes you think people will storm the gates for the next version?

Bong Yih

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
If Microsoft implements this, they will immediately have the edge over all the current/upcoming platforms! One word: usability! The one thing that is now Windows Phone's trademark.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
They're announcing windows 9 not windows phone 9. My opinion: resolve the issues with WP8, make it as awesome as possible, and MARKET IT. This way when it's time to develop its successor you'll have built a consumer base confident enough in you to be bothered with it. If your current OS is half baked what makes you think people will storm the gates for the next version?
The verge reports that they are demoing WP 9 too on Sept 30th.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but it's MOST up-to-date, especially Lumia 1520,1020,930 and icon.(but these one got cyan update). And Although dp and official one are same, I want to get official one. Isn't it obvious? 😊

Why?!?! It's exactly the same!! And you will get cyan don't worry about that!

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Let us come on the topic and I have just made this thread to ask you that are you excited for wp9 and what features do you expect? Leave this topic whether it would be upgradable for wp8 users or we would have to buy a new device to enjoy wp9.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss