Windows phone 9.0. who's excited?

SunilJayant

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Damn .............. i am exited .. just want live tile to show notification even after i swipe it from notification center... directly attach doc or file in email...........little better option for sorting apps in apps view... and few minor ones like selecting which number to send message...multiple mobile numbers to single contact..... and i want a better one note.... i want me hub back............ noting Big............ :) :cool: also universal notification .... if notification are viewed on PC they should not again be highlighted in the phone.....

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, most of those features have already been implemented till 8.1 update 1, some undoubtedly using MS's own ways. The only ones still left are interactive tiles, interactive notifications and multi window(since WP is merging with RT as well). I think MS should focus on Action center a bit more for there is a lot of room for improvement. That said, yes seeing MS's current rate of progress with WP development, I'm pretty excited about next updates.

di_genius_7

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
looks thin.. Microsoft has habit of breaking WM6, WM6.5, WP7.. so I don't think wp8 would be different. I am holding my purchase for Lumia 1520 just due to this reason.

And that's what always mess them cause now consumers have to go buy new phone all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
For me, it's very simple. If Microsoft tells me that my 928 won't get the upgrade to WP9, I will leave Windows Phone. I'm not worrying about it now, but I'm also not upgrading my phone for that reason. Im not going to get a new phone in december only to have them tell me in three more months that it will be stuck on the old OS.

Last edited:

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
There is no reason why any WP8 with 1gb+ RAM wouldn't be updated to the next version.. They are not changing the kernel, so it should be ok.

The merge of RT and WP is interesting and I can't wait to see what they've come up with.. I really hope its more RT and less WP

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Like iPhone gets all the updates, eh? Geez man. Apple is dropping support for a handset each year. The latest IOS 8 won't support iPhone 4, and the IOS 6,7 versions didn't have a majority of features for it.

Anyway,I believe that the current Gen phones will be updated, each one of them, because-
a) the kernel difference no longer exists between WP 9 and 8.
b) they have to large base of users on Lumia 520 to ignore them completely.
c) All current WP 8.1 phones are supported until 2017.
d) WP is not Android, with its clumsy fragmentation issues.

The iphone 4 is almost 4 YEARS OLD, are they supposed to support it forever? No other phone has been supported as long. "Wp supported until 2017", for all we know wp won't even exist in a year, let alone 2017.

Soble

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
The iphone 4 is almost 4 YEARS OLD, are they supposed to support it forever? No other phone has been supported as long. "Wp supported until 2017", for all we know wp won't even exist in a year, let alone 2017.

Yeah that's right and 4 has dual core cpu and it's laggy with ios7. If wp7 phone has dual core they might be got wp8 and it would be heavy for those phone. I think it was right decision to drop wp7 phones. But Lumia 900 is... What a sad story 😢

Ashwin J Pillai

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Guys the kernels for 7 is a lot different from 8.... So for them to upgrade it will be quite a task.... And don't forget that Android phones running jelly bean couldn't get kit kat....

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Here's to hoping we'll also have a 'tech preview' for WP 9 on Sept like Windows 9. But I'm curious how this will work out with Developer Preview program that is for 8.1 now.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
You know that they are still selling iPhone 4, right? That gives them no right to remove support for it. The Lumia 900 stopped production over 2 years ago. And the Samsung focus, also 4 years old, got 7.8 last year, same as iPhone 4 received IOS 7 last year. Difference is- Samsung focus stopped production 3 years ago, iPhone 4 didn't.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Guys the kernels for 7 is a lot different from 8.... So for them to upgrade it will be quite a task.... And don't forget that Android phones running jelly bean couldn't get kit kat....
Galaxy s3 got kitka, s4 got kitkat, s4mini, s3 mini, xperia Z. Htc one m7 wtf are you talking about. You can even get a custom kitkat rom if your android phone cant get officially updated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss