Windows phone 9.0. who's excited?

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The iphone 4 is almost 4 YEARS OLD, are they supposed to support it forever? No other phone has been supported as long. "Wp supported until 2017", for all we know wp won't even exist in a year, let alone 2017.
WP8.1 is supported until 2017, not WHOLE system ._.

matty032

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
Yesterday, The verge reported that microsoft is going to reveal Windows phone 9.0 on 30th September. And also hinted that we can expect multi windows on screen to work more like windows 8.1.

Do you guys have remember Chrisitian del Rosario? He published a video about concept of windows phone 8.1/9.0. In mid of 2013. If, no then you can watch it here. Now the discussion is that microsoft accepted this concept for windows phone 8.1 and we can use features like on screen navigation bar, live folders and more tiles as presented in this video. So, we can expect more features from this concept like multi windows, swipe, and all. So, are you excited to have all these features? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVC4BKWaP8

God! I hope not! While I would love all those features, the average person is too stupid to be able to use an OS with all those swipes, and gestures. The Verge and all the other apple/google fan boy sites would constantly harp on how confusing the new os is. Just like they do with Win 8.1.

matty032

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
windows phone 8.1 devices will be upgradable to wp9

coz if microsoft doesnt do. so, then it will also loose whatever little userbase it still has. It will never pulloff a stint like wp7

Win 8.1 devices can be upgraded. But, whether OEM's and carriers will allow it, is another story. WP7 devices were not able to be upgraded, because the hardware was designed to work with Windows CE. WP8 was written to use Windows NT, which is how desktop Windows is designed. For the foreseeable future, all WP versions will be the NT version.

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, most of those features have already been implemented till 8.1 update 1, some undoubtedly using MS's own ways. The only ones still left are interactive tiles, interactive notifications and multi window(since WP is merging with RT as well). I think MS should focus on Action center a bit more for there is a lot of room for improvement. That said, yes seeing MS's current rate of progress with WP development, I'm pretty excited about next updates.
What about the Silverlight API? The root cause of the "Resuming..." and "Loading..." screen is the inefficiency of the Silverlight API. This is an area where MSFT has to do something. And yes, action center, lockscreen and the most awaited Interactive tiles and notifications are major areas of improvements. If MSFT releases the tech preview within first 3 months of 2015, then it will be the fastest OS upgrades in the history (8.1, 8.1 GDR 1, 8.1 GDR2, 9.0). Yes, 8.1 GDR2 will be released prior to 9.0.

Zohaib ZJ

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
wow wow wow...really good there are too many hidden features...glad to see..i hope microsoft will make it for WP8 devices.
notification center i really like the new one

SunilJayant

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
whats wrong with ie?

Its a great browser , don't get me wrong... but it is still not what i want from a browser, no downloads , some websites i visit on it or not displayed properly ... embedded videos don't always work for me and if a web page as gallery of photos can't view them.... and on and on ... i now some of this or not ie's problem but .. they need to remove browser restriction....

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Its a great browser , don't get me wrong... but it is still not what i want from a browser, no downloads , some websites i visit on it or not displayed properly ... embedded videos don't always work for me and if a web page as gallery of photos can't view them.... and on and on ... i now some of this or not ie's problem but .. they need to remove browser restriction....

Correction, you can download and view web galleries

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, The verge reported that microsoft is going to reveal Windows phone 9.0 on 30th September. And also hinted that we can expect multi windows on screen to work more like windows 8.1.
Do you guys have remember Chrisitian del Rosario? He published a video about concept of windows phone 8.1/9.0. In mid of 2013. If, no then you can watch it here. Now the discussion is that microsoft accepted this concept for windows phone 8.1 and we can use features like on screen navigation bar, live folders and more tiles as presented in this video. So, we can expect more features from this concept like multi windows, swipe, and all. So, are you excited to have all these features? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVC4BKWaP8

1) Windows phone 9 is not going to be announced in September i believe windows 9 preview is coming out then im not sure if they will talk windows phone next month but i know desktop windows is a yes as that's the usual time we hear about such news.

2) The video is nice it visualizes some features i mentioned in my 16 page document on what MS needs to do with windows. while i do like this, its too busy and design wise it breaks MS's modern design language quite a bit ... to much gestures that are all over the place IMHO. Honestly i think Windows Phone and Windows 8 needs a modern design overhaul or refinement .... which should incorporates these features but whats in the video looks to busy and less clean too me. It's well done i must admit.

3) I don't mind getting in contact with the person who did this video as i have some ideas on how MS should take modern design forward and this person clearly has some of the same ideas so maybe we could work on sumthing ....

4) Online link to my document to view with few renders in it sound off on that maybe give me more ideas ... wish MS would poke through this thread.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...939&authkey=!AHSEzVVu35SXALo&ithint=file,docx

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that's right and 4 has dual core cpu and it's laggy with ios7. If wp7 phone has dual core they might be got wp8 and it would be heavy for those phone. I think it was right decision to drop wp7 phones. But Lumia 900 is... What a sad story 😢

Wrong. The iphone 4 is a single core a4 processor. What's your argument now?

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
You know that they are still selling iPhone 4, right? That gives them no right to remove support for it. The Lumia 900 stopped production over 2 years ago. And the Samsung focus, also 4 years old, got 7.8 last year, same as iPhone 4 received IOS 7 last year. Difference is- Samsung focus stopped production 3 years ago, iPhone 4 didn't.

In September when they officially stop selling iphone 4, then support will stop. C'mon, we're talking about a 4 year old phone here, it no longer has good enough hardware. You're talking about some samsung wp that had 2 updates vs the ip4 that has been through 4 major OS upgrades. Your comparison is just weak.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
the verge said they MAY

Microsoft is also building a separate combined version of Windows RT and Windows Phone, and the company may take the time to detail this work during its press event

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Windows 9, a lot of us are still waiting for cyan/8.1 and they are talking about 9. Give me a break. Maybe they should walk before they try to run.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Wrong. The iphone 4 is a single core a4 processor. What's your argument now?
That apple only made one iphone every year sobthey could optimise the **** out of it. But with windows microsoft had to deal with many phones. Also wp7 phones would struggle to run intensive wp 8 apps. Even the 520 has better specs than the 900. Even the iPhone 4 is struggling to run smooth. Microsoft wanted the users to have a fast and fluid experience with windows phone. Can't you guys just be grateful for that.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
That apple only made one iphone every year sobthey could optimise the **** out of it. But with windows microsoft had to deal with many phones. Also wp7 phones would struggle to run intensive wp 8 apps. Even the 520 has better specs than the 900. Even the iPhone 4 is struggling to run smooth. Microsoft wanted the users to have a fast and fluid experience with windows phone. Can't you guys just be grateful for that.

That ain't apples fault- not having to deal with A bunch of different phones. It's a smart move if you ask me.
I like wp as much as the next guy but I can't blindly defend it anymore, none of us know how/when/if/what MS is gonna do about anything regarding WP. I do know this though-whatever they still have that's good right now, rest assure that they'll find a way to screw it up.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
That ain't apples fault- not having to deal with A bunch of different phones. It's a smart move if you ask me.
I like wp as much as the next guy but I can't blindly defend it anymore, none of us know how/when/if/what MS is gonna do about anything regarding WP. I do know this though-whatever they still have that's good right now, rest assure that they'll find a way to screw it up.

What's wrong? I never said it was apple's fault, I said the iPhone 4 users are struggling with their devices while everyone with wp8 devices are updating to 8.1 and their devices are still running smooth (the majority).

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Tell me how they screwed up with 8.1?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos