Windows phone 9.0. who's excited?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
In September when they officially stop selling iphone 4, then support will stop. C'mon, we're talking about a 4 year old phone here, it no longer has good enough hardware. You're talking about some samsung wp that had 2 updates vs the ip4 that has been through 4 major OS upgrades. Your comparison is just weak.
September date is for US. Right, if someone buys a iPhone 4 now(Many people buy in India because of low price now) their phone is EOL already? If Apple keeps selling discontinued phones, I am really expecting them to replace blackberry. Their market share has already been decreasing since the last year,I doubt they can afford to lose more.......

The focus also received five major updates-7.1,7.5, tango,7.8, 7.8 8862.Perhaps even more than that. So many updates even when it was eol in 2011. It got updates for the next 2 years. Tell me, which situation is better?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
What's wrong? I never said it was apple's fault, I said the iPhone 4 users are struggling with their devices while everyone with wp8 devices are updating to 8.1 and their devices are still running smooth (the majority).
+620 Exactly. The other guy is just blindly supporting the fruit company

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Tell me how they screwed up with 8.1?

Extreme slow rollout to USA customers for start. Basic functions like video and music are subpar. Apps like Vine, Instagram and Facebook are still way behind Android and iOS versions. Office, Skype and Onedrive are available for other platforms and function even better-especially Skype. I initially went with Windows Phone 7 because of its integration with Xbox but now that irrelevant to since now that can be integrated in iOS and Android. I can't find anything as to why anyone would want to be on WP right now. Been extremely frustrated as of late-can't you tell? I just set up a $200 Samsung Galaxy Avant Android KitKat phone for my daughter and was amazed how good it was.

Ok, I found one thing-the built text to speech is cool and so is the "call Cortana" function but if you didn't have the dev preview update 1 you wouldn't know about it. Like I said, with low and mid Android phones like the Avant and L90, Microsoft better have a good no contract price for the 730 and 830 if they want to make it.

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Extreme slow rollout to USA customers for start. Basic functions like video and music are subpar. Apps like Vine, Instagram and Facebook are still way behind Android and iOS versions. Office, Skype and Onedrive are available for other platforms and function even better-especially Skype. I initially went with Windows Phone 7 because of its integration with Xbox but now that irrelevant to since now that can be integrated in iOS and Android. I can't find anything as to why anyone would want to be on WP right now. Been extremely frustrated as of late-can't you tell? I just set up a $200 Samsung Galaxy Avant Android KitKat phone for my daughter and was amazed how good it was.

Ok, I found one thing-the built text to speech is cool and so is the "call Cortana" function but if you didn't have the dev preview update 1 you wouldn't know about it. Like I said, with low and mid Android phones like the Avant and L90, Microsoft better have a good no contract price for the 730 and 830 if they want to make it.

That isn't the OS though. That's the ecosystem. I repeat. ECOSYSTEM.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
And whats wrong with rollout. Windows phone isn't like an iPhone where the Carriers have to finish testing before a specific date. They don't care since it has low marketshare. There is absolutely nothing microsoft can do about the carriers in the US. And it's not a bad rollout either, it was really clever how the phones updated through summer. If office, skype and onedrive weren't on the other platforms tHen they would use hangouts, facetime and google drive and iCloud. The wp7 phones have been holding skype back but now there's going to be a major update which fixes things. You can't win!

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
What's wrong? I never said it was apple's fault, I said the iPhone 4 users are struggling with their devices while everyone with wp8 devices are updating to 8.1 and their devices are still running smooth (the majority).

You said: "But with windows microsoft had to deal with many phones." Then I simply said: so what Apple has to support only one phone? Maybe ms should've only made one phone, then maybe they wouldn't have had so many issues with rolling out 8.1.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
September date is for US. Right, if someone buys a iPhone 4 now(Many people buy in India because of low price now) their phone is EOL already? If Apple keeps selling discontinued phones, I am really expecting them to replace blackberry. Their market share has already been decreasing since the last year,I doubt they can afford to lose more.......

so it's apples fault that people in India are buying an iphone that's at eol? Right, and I'm sure you're right about apple losing it all and going straight down the tubes and becoming the next blackberry. You're delusional, what world do you live in?

The focus also received five major updates-7.1,7.5, tango,7.8, 7.8 8862.Perhaps even more than that. So many updates even when it was eol in 2011. It got updates for the next 2 years. Tell me, which situation is better?

Ok, it got five or more updates. Great. It lived for what, all of one year and you have the nerve to bash probably the most popular phone on earth that's not even officially dead yet?

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I am not sure why but I'm not really that excited, but I want to be.
Also I think some people need to look over what their definition of major means. Some of those updates are not major.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I am not sure why but I'm not really that excited, but I want to be.
Also I think some people need to look over what their definition of major means. Some of those updates are not major.

I know what you mean. To me and most others, a whole number is major. 5,6,7 etc.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone is the most popular phone? Lol. You're delusional. No use arguing with iSheep.

It probably is, iPhone has become a name. I'm pretty sure more people would know of an iPhone than any Android, Windows Phone, Symbian, WebOS or Blackberry device.

And iPhone 4 got a decent amount of support despite being a single core device, whereas Windows abandoned all single core devices when Windows Phone 8 came out. Sad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre