Windows phone 9.0. who's excited?

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, The verge reported that microsoft is going to reveal Windows phone 9.0 on 30th September. And also hinted that we can expect multi windows on screen to work more like windows 8.1.
Do you guys have remember Chrisitian del Rosario? He published a video about concept of windows phone 8.1/9.0. In mid of 2013. If, no then you can watch it here. Now the discussion is that microsoft accepted this concept for windows phone 8.1 and we can use features like on screen navigation bar, live folders and more tiles as presented in this video. So, we can expect more features from this concept like multi windows, swipe, and all. So, are you excited to have all these features? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVC4BKWaP8

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't it said that this would be Windows 9, that is the x86/64 version, not Windows PHONE? Because they say that MS is building a separate version for Windows Phone and Windows RT.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, The verge reported that microsoft is going to reveal Windows phone 9.0 on 30th September. And also hinted that we can expect multi windows on screen to work more like windows 8.1.
Do you guys have remember Chrisitian del Rosario? He published a video about concept of windows phone 8.1/9.0. In mid of 2013. If, no then you can watch it here. Now the discussion is that microsoft accepted this concept for windows phone 8.1 and we can use features like on screen navigation bar, live folders and more tiles as presented in this video. So, we can expect more features from this concept like multi windows, swipe, and all. So, are you excited to have all these features? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVC4BKWaP8

would really like to see interactive notifications both on toasts and the notification center, and if possible add more features to the live tile

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
windows phone 8.1 devices will be upgradable to wp9
coz if microsoft doesnt do. so, then it will also loose whatever little userbase it still has. It will never pulloff a stint like wp7

Piyush Jain3

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft promised that they will not do a wp7 to wp8 scenario again.... They gave wp7 users a big update named wp 7.8..... And wp8 owners also got a big update wp8.1.... Therefore as they promised they will give threshold update to wp8.1 users... Otherwise an ***** will only trust msft... Coz all wp9 devices will only get one big update and all the users will again be left alone.... And msft share will remain 1-2% only...

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
If my 1020 isn't upgradeable to 9.0, I will take my 3 Lumias back to the new bigger iPhone. If they say its hardware issue, then admit how stupid it was to not demands higher specs from manufacturers... MSFT better wise up fast

naveenow

Banned
May 29, 2014
Visit site
windows phone 8.1 devices will be upgradable to wp9
coz if microsoft doesnt do. so, then it will also loose whatever little userbase it still has. It will never pulloff a stint like wp7
What Microsoft said was "WP8 is Upgradable" i.e. it got several updates and where wp7 received 7.5 and 7.8
So I clearly state "WP8 or WP 8.1 will not be updated to WP9" and they say "Due to certain hardware or kernal limitations WP 8.x won't be upgradeable to WP9"

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
IM SO SURE THAT WINDOWS PHONE 8 CAN UPGRADE TO WINDOWS PHONE 9
why?
if windows phone 8 cant upgrade to windows phone 9, then it would be a big drop of windows phone user, and microsoft will lose lots of customer.
currently, all OEM (htc for example) are joining the windows phone platform. if microsoft made it "specialized" OS like how wp7 to wp8 do, then OEM will stop supporting windows phone

all i can say that nokia lumia 520 will stuck at windows phone 10, not 9
while nokia lumia 1520 / htc One M8 for windows can survive till windows phone 12/15 (13 is bad luck number, 14 contains 4, sounds like death in chinese, china is their main market)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs