Cortana and Microphones

aschaps

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So with every new Lumia handset comes better audio recording capability. I currently have the 1520 and love the sound that the HAAC mics produce. The clarity, stereo capability, background filtering. It's all VERY impressive.

Having said that. Does anyone else find the ability for Cortana to clearly understand you in an environment with background noise somewhat puzzling? I have a similar (although I'm not sure if it's related) complaint with using the speakerphone.

So my question to those that have a more in depth knowledge of Cortana is; Does Cortana use the same mics that are used during voice calls, or does it use the HAAC video recording mics? My guess is the former as the HAAC mics are positioned for audio that would be facing the rear of the phone (not typically how we address Cortana). If that's the case then I really would like to see the same/a similar approach applied to the front facing mics that's on the rear. I think it would make a world of difference for the Cortana experience.

Thoughts, insight, questions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb