Cortana now voicing direction for Waze??

m0rf3us

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I use Waze nearly everyday, and this morning I noticed something drastically different: it seemed like Cortana was voicing the directions instead of the typical Waze app. Her voice was louder, clearer, and enunciated everything much better than what the Waze app did, but there is a downside; it appears that she cannot/does not read street names (i.e. in one half mile, turn right onto Main Street) nor does she provide the warnings that Waze is popular (police reported ahead, car pulled over on side of road, pot hole, etc.).

Has anyone else seen this? Or perhaps knows of a way to switch back to the Waze voice? Is this happening on all navigation apps (I have tried HERE Drive+ yet?)?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Did you do an OS update? If Waze was using the text to speech phone API as the phone changes the voice may.

Or a Waze update could change the voice.

Or an in-app setting.

Splacknuk

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I made no changes to Waze, and noticed that it's changed voices at least twice in the last week.

First, it was (I'm pretty sure) Cortana giving directions, and as m0rf3us indicates, with no street names.
Then, yesterday it changed to a male voice with the same issue.

I hadn't had a chance to dig into it to see why.

runkrod

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
This happens when Waze isn't connected to the network. The phone uses the default voice (cortana) and is why she doesn't read everything. Once Waze reconnects, it'll go back to the "waze voice". I have not yet found a way to make Cortana the default voice for Waze, which would be better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven