Weird cortana bug?

sup3r1or

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I was just curious about something. I'm running Windows 8.1 on Lumia 930 here in Thailand. Set my region to US and Language to US English. Try to ask cortana what is my name? Voice answer I always get is quote "backslash username backslash".

I have my name set in settings and also ticked box saying call me by name yet I never hear her calling me by name with voice EVER

JimmyC045

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Samsung Odyssey.
It has my name in the "what do I wanna be called box" and when it asked if it said it right it did but when I ask Cortana "what's my name" it replied with the user backslash thing. I also never hear her call my name.
Strange, anyone know what to do???
CORTANA, PLEASE ADVSE!

inkryptic

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520. Prior to today's updates, which included some WP8.1 preview pushes and Lumia Cyan, Cortana never said my name, but correctly said it when I asked "what's my name". Now, I get "backslash username backslash", while it displays the correct name.

inkryptic

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I fixed it by going into Cortana settings and resetting my name.

Lumia 1520. Prior to today's updates, which included some WP8.1 preview pushes and Lumia Cyan, Cortana never said my name, but correctly said it when I asked "what's my name". Now, I get "backslash username backslash", while it displays the correct name.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs