Hey all

I made this a little while back and posted it the The Verge Forums. Now that the Windows 9 section has been added and lots of people have been posting theirs, I figured I may as well put this here.

The Desktop

behaviour-desktop.jpg

• Windows borders are 1 pixel wide and are the colour of the app bar when in focus
    • Status bar at the top of the screen shows quick info and act as quick settings. Clicking on the wifi indicator, for example, will take you to widi settings.
    • Charms moved to the status bar when using a mouse. Share and devices charm are merged. Cortana has been added as a charm.

I will add that I designed this a while ago, and since then there were some leaks that Neowin posted that sound a lot like this, with thick bezels essentially removed and the top bar not being present in Metro apps.

The Action Center

action-centre-desktop-.png

• Toggle the Action Center by clicking the top left corner of the screen
    • No quick settings as they are already on the status bar
    • Added a today section

Full Screen Apps

behaviour-full-screen-app-hover-over-top.jpg

• Maximize button switches apps between windows and full screen. Full screen apps behave as metro apps do now.
    • Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons persist in full screen apps.
    • The small pin button in the bottom right corner by the multitasking button toggles whether the taskbar persists when in a full screen app.

The Multitasking Screen

multitasking-screen-desktop-.jpg

• Access the multitasking screen by clicking on the multitasking button in the bottom right corner. This is a list of apps with previews meant to look like its Windows Phone counterpart..
    • Create a new desktop by clicking the plus button on the right of the screen. Each desktop shows up as an app in multitasking screen.
    • Click and drag an app from the multitasking screen and drop it to either side to snap it or drag it off the bottom to close it.

There's a lot more detail and way more pictures on the Verge post. I just didn't wanna write the whole thing back out so I just took the best bits to post here.

Here's the link: [concept] Merging metro with the desktop | The Verge Forums

Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think.
    Ryan ODonnell and teckris like this.
    08-26-2014 11:24 AM
    I like this!
    08-27-2014 09:57 AM
    Not bad
    08-27-2014 09:59 AM