WP9 Action Center Concept

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys made a concept to improve the action center in WP9 by adding a brightness adjuster as well as scrollable action toggles. Let me know what you think.

Action Center Concept.png

and a quick vid showing the scrollable toggles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awu01KnOW5s

sorry for the shaky toggles lol not sure how to do animation.

Also made a new music control concept.

newmusic.png

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Those features are no doubt useful. Looks exactly like a Samesung ripoff though. That's EXACTLY what they did... not sure if its a good idea. And for those saying copying is okay, its okay only to some extent.

People will look at WP and say, since the top-bar (not sure what they calls it) is the same as Samesung, might as well get a Samesung with "more apps".

We don't want a Winsame Phone ;)

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Definitely a brightness slider is a must. However while I had thought about scrollable quick-toggles, it could be a usability problem if you're always hunting around for them. iOS 7 has 5 quick toggles. The way they fit them in small width of screen is to use small glyphs in circles, no text. Somehow it works for them.

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is that an endless scroll? That would be really difficult to navigate. What about the actions? Are the actions themselves interactive?

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
How I would implement it is that when you swipe over it transitions to the next four and snaps in place. The actions should be like Android. Single tap to toggle. Hold to enter settings page

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
How I would implement it is that when you swipe over it transitions to the next four and snaps in place. The actions should be like Android. Single tap to toggle. Hold to enter settings page

I think that may work. I've been thinking the same thing when it comes to how to improve or add more toggles without destroying and mucking up everything (which anyone and everyone seems to do when thinking about the UI and how they want it to function). They do need to continue working on the action toggles though with regards to settings and on/off functionality. Its currently fairly inconsistent. The wifi one is an easy toggle off, but when you want to turn it on it takes you to the wifi page...all I ever wanted to do is turn it on/off not go to the settings page.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Those features are no doubt useful. Looks exactly like a Samesung ripoff though. That's EXACTLY what they did... not sure if its a good idea. And for those saying copying is okay, its okay only to some extent.

People will look at WP and say, since the top-bar (not sure what they calls it) is the same as Samesung, might as well get a Samesung with "more apps".

what? It already looks like that...He just added a brightness slighter underneath the toggles. and a scrubber for the now playing bar. If it looks the same to you....it already looks the same then.

Bong Yih

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you need a toggle for the action centre since you'll only be using a few core ones.

However, I do like the new music control concept and hope MS will implement it. Makes it easier to fast forward to a certain part of the song you like best. Not so sure about the screen brightness as I just set it to automatic and let my phone make the decision for me. If I don't, what's the purpose of having a smartphone that can't do things intelligently on its own?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Whats wrong with copying? If we didn't copy, we wouldn't have cortana interests, action centre, shape writing and other great features that we got in 8.1. Think differently, we aren't copying, we are taking ideas from others and making them better ;)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Whats wrong with copying? If we didn't copy, we wouldn't have cortana interests, action centre, shape writing and other great features that we got in 8.1. Think differently, we aren't copying, we are taking ideas from others and making them better ;)

In the words of Einstein, "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources". :winktongue:

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
This is in no way changing the Samsung's notification centre (action centre). Its a direct port. There's no extra feature whatsoever.

If you are referring to WordFlow, ours is much more accurate, that's innovation. Cortana is a league on its own. Its like the best personal assistant out there. Sure, there are personal assistants before Cortana, but Cortana is much improved.

I cannot say the same about action centre in WP8.1 however. Its mediocre. Tap Wi-Fi to go into Wi-Fi settings instead of turning it off? Seriously? The only thing that it wins over the competition is the ability to suspend in midair without opening the notification centre. Heck, there's not even a mobile data setting. If you think that our action centre is better than the competition, please let me know why. I would LOVE to know why.

On-Topic however, this "concept" is a DIRECT PORT (aka RIP-OFF) from Samsung phones. If you have never used their phones, please at least use it once to understand why I said so. Scrollable to the right? Check. Brightness toggles? Check. Anddddd their action centre is much better. Hold to go into settings. Double finger to pull open entire list of toggles. Need I say more?

Copying is a sensitive issue... As I mentioned earlier, there's a limit to how much we can take or adapt.

This is too much.

All these are just my opinion though, you're free to dismiss them. Sometimes we must admit that things we have just aren't thaaaat good, and not protect them till death do you part.

“Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”
― George Bernard Shaw

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte