MS Accidently Unveiled Youtube and Instagram coming to Windows 10!

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I was browsing on wmpoweruser.com and saw a screenshot demonstrating continuity with the Surface Pro 3, I noticed that there is instagram and youtube pinned up on the upper right. I think this means that Instagram is becoming a universal windows app. It also means that we will be getting an official youtube app on the windows platform which is unheardof from google. I am really looking forward for this to happen. d

6 New Windows 10 Features Shown In Pictures
Scroll to the bottom

And check out the official video demonstrating continuity and you can pause here from theverge

Watch how Windows 10 works with touch interfaces | The Verge

This was sloppy, but I am excited that this was shown off without knowing.
See attached below.

Attachments

• Instagram and Youtube.jpg
    Instagram and Youtube.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 68

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
One can hope but it's more likely that those are WP apps running on Windows 10 since the next version of Windows Phone is Windows 10. Makes sense since if Windows 10 replaces Windows Phone, supporting existing apps would be a must.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Good catch. I wonder if google knows youtube its there. I remember the last time this happened and it turned out quite soupy.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
One can hope but it's more likely that those are WP apps running on Windows 10 since the next version of Windows Phone is Windows 10. Makes sense since if Windows 10 replaces Windows Phone, supporting existing apps would be a must.
But windows phone does not have youtube. That could be very likely situation, it is odd that they would be this sloppy I thought.

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
WP has a youtube app... all it does it opens the youtube website but still... it's there. Could be that. In all likelihood, it's a press image done in Photoshop and the artist that did just took app tiles used in previous works or something.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
WP has a youtube app... all it does it opens the youtube website but still... it's there. Could be that. In all likelihood, it's a press image done in Photoshop and the artist that did just took app tiles used in previous works or something.

If you pin YouTube.com there is a different logo. See attached below

Attachments

• Current Youtube Logo.PNG
    Current Youtube Logo.PNG
    241 KB · Views: 215

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Whoa!!!! :shocked: Really a great news. (Know I'm too late to post such comment!) Am too looking forward to the YT app.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Although Microsoft has intentionally slipped app announcements into screenshots of upcoming phones in the past...

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Who cares about official Instagram? If they did have a Windows app, it would never come out of beta! :wink:

We need Rudy Huyn's apps to go universal!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was browsing on wmpoweruser.com and saw a screenshot demonstrating continuity with the Surface Pro 3, I noticed that there is instagram and youtube pinned up on the upper right. I think this means that Instagram is becoming a universal windows app. It also means that we will be getting an official youtube app on the windows platform which is unheardof from google. I am really looking forward for this to happen. d

6 New Windows 10 Features Shown In Pictures
Scroll to the bottom

And check out the official video demonstrating continuity and you can pause here from theverge

Watch how Windows 10 works with touch interfaces | The Verge

This was sloppy, but I am excited that this was shown off without knowing.
See attached below.

I hate to disappoint you but it does not necessarily mean anything. It is not uncommon for companies to mock up displays with things they do not actually have available or in the pipeline. Ask the Blackberry crowd about Netflix on the Playbook. In fact, it is a common advertising ploy that predates the computer era. It really is as likely to just be nothing, or (worse) a bit of deceptive subliminal advertising, as a signal of anything positive. Leaving Instagram out of the picture, it also requires some serious suspension of disbelief to accept Google is suddenly willing to work with Microsoft. Their stated position on apps for W8 and WP8 has never changed so why would they suddenly facilitate acceptance of the next Windows OS? A shift in that relationship is also not one that cannot be hidden - the companies are both too large and to prominent to keep that sort of secret. Sadly, this is an example of looking for messages in individual trees within a well defined forest. To put it another way, people are in for some serious disappointment if they start "reading tea leaves" in screenshots. Optimism is a good thing but not without a grounding in realism.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
There is no way in hell Google will make Youtube app for Windows 10. Google is in an all-out war against MS.

Dislike the use of "war" but otherwise entirely agree. People are taking a mockup of an OS that has only entered what amounts to a public alpha as indicative of the future. It may sound cynical (which it is) but everyone should keep in mind the disclaimers from Microsoft about the Technical Preview. They have worded it such they could put an icon on the screen saying "Access to Bill Gates' bank account" or "Virtual Android" or Virtual OSX with no real legal liability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium