Windows 10 & WP Internet Sharing

infosage

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm just noticing this for the first time, but my Windows 10 tablet (Asus 8") can see my phone as an available network (even when I'm don't have internet sharing on). If I tell it to connect (on my tablet), it turns on the internet sharing on my phone and connects to the internet (without me touching my phone at all). Is this new?

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'm just noticing this for the first time, but my Windows 10 tablet (Asus 8") can see my phone as an available network (even when I'm don't have internet sharing on). If I tell it to connect (on my tablet), it turns on the internet sharing on my phone and connects to the internet (without me touching my phone at all). Is this new?

Definitely not normal. I have an HP laptop and a L521 and this does not happen on either W8.1 or W10P. I did notice when I disconnected that it kind of lingered a bit before I clicked on it and it told me it was not available. After that it removed itself from the list.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That's perfectly normal, Windows 8.1 does it if you've used ICS before on your tablet or desktop then it gets shared between them. If you have Bluetooth switched on then it will show up as an access point to connect to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon