Cortana UK Update?

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
HI all,

Curious to hear any news on Cortana release for the UK? not on DP, seems like its been FOREVER since Cyan and as a % UK has higher market share than the US (i know number wise its higher in US) so thought UK is important to MS and they would have released it by now :/ If its coming with GDR1 is there any time frame for GDR1 release to UK, again not DP but the official release?

Been playing around with my friends Galaxy S5 - amazing phone! I take my hat off to Samsung for the features they have crammed in, especially the waterproof bit and extra power saving feature, it BLOWS WP out of the water. Come on MS hurry up already!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
As with all updates we have no idea when they're showing up. Also not everyone has Cyan yet. So take it from there.

Though I won't disagree with you statement of how sore things are on WP I'm sure you'll get some slack for the Samsung reference and Android. Even though its true.

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The 735 and 830 are in shops now with Cortana and some 930 users are reporting getting the update so it does look as though it wont be long, although I have not seen any official announcements that it is out especially for other phones (I have a 1520).

It would be odd if it is out and ready for some phones but not others.

Bob

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey, compared to continental Europe, or most of the world for that matter, you are one of the lucky ones! You will have it long before it is even announced for most other markets.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The 735 and 830 are in shops now with Cortana and some 930 users are reporting getting the update so it does look as though it wont be long, although I have not seen any official announcements that it is out especially for other phones (I have a 1520).

It would be odd if it is out and ready for some phones but not others.

Bob

Not really. It's par for the course for MS/Nokia. L830 and L730 have the Denim update already (Update 2?). L930 came out with WP8.1 installed way before anyone had it. We're supposed to get Update 1 and Update 2 before the end of the year but I don't see either happening outside of DP.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I saw a news story in the Nokia Connect app a couple of weeks ago that GDR1 was due in Q4 2014, following carrier testing.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Not really. It's par for the course for MS/Nokia. L830 and L730 have the Denim update already (Update 2?). L930 came out with WP8.1 installed way before anyone had it. We're supposed to get Update 1 and Update 2 before the end of the year but I don't see either happening outside of DP.

Again it would make no logical sense to have denim update available for some phones in one market and not others (Carriers not withstanding).

Bob

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Again it would make no logical sense to have denim update available for some phones in one market and not others (Carriers not withstanding).

Bob

It what way is it not logical? The newest phones have the latest OS and firmware. The older phones have to wait. this has been the common theme on WP since day one.

L730,735 and L830 have Denim. Here are the missing features from the Nokia Lumia 730 and Lumia 830 that you may care about | Windows Phone Central

So I'm a little unclear what you're getting at.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon