Cortana 8004100b Error

ThirstyGuy

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Just bought my first windows phone...it's pre-paid (but I use my plan and sim card)...Nokia 530 getting error code 8004100b when I ask her what the weather is...when I type what is the weather it works fine. I completely setup Cortana and filled out the little interest survey but it says my interest are not available at this time.
I have searched google and tried different things...I turned her off and back on...I signed in with facebook...restarted phone multiple times...I'm signed in with my microsoft account as well...
I am on wifi...and have data plan too.

Please Help! :crying:

nicholasleezt

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
WOW. That's a relief, I just got my phone back from repair and I thought that they messed my phone up because I too am receiving Error Code 8004100b. I panicked and quickly searched for a solution online, well you took my worries away. haha.

stratct

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
im also having this issue, im getting increasingly nervous as the time goes by. its creeping up on the time and still no fix

stratct

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
btw where did you get this info? this thread is the only info i could find on this problem that wasn't from 6 months ago

ThirstyGuy

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I somehow got into a Microsoft tech support chat for windows phone and asked them. I just purchased the phone yesterday and it never asked me to pay for support I was just able to join chat support with my Microsoft account.
They said it was an Xbox issue. I am kinda hesitant about it only because I never signed up or synced an Xbox account but I guess they automatically give you a gamertag with your Microsoft account. I tried to sign into the Xbox thing on my phone and was getting an error message and that error message they said is what is giving me an error with Cortana because I guess she is connected to a multitute of things and because I can't sign into my Xbox account via the phone that's why she is messed up...I don't know lol
This is my first windows phone so it was a brand new Microsoft account and I didn't know anything about having an Xbox gamertag. I am able to sign into my Xbox account via computer and website but just not on the phone. The first thing the tech support asked me was if my gamertag was showing on the phone as being signed in and because it wasn't she explained that's why Cortana isn't working and there was currently Xbox issues they were attempting to fix.

windows94

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok I have a possible fix. It worked for me. I shut off Cortana, when it rebooted I cleared search history in ie. Clear all data in Cortana but don't go in the app itself. You can access it from the settings menu. Turn Cortana back on via the settings menu. Also, make sure in IE setting that the cookies are on "accept all". Now press the search button. Follow any prompts, and type in "hello". Now you should be all set. Close all programs and start up Cortana.

ThirstyGuy

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I "type" to Cortana she works, it's when I voice and ask her about the weather I get the error.
I've already done everything you said windows94 prior to talking to Microsoft and it still didn't fix her for me.

Also she says my interest are not available and I'm not able to add interest either.

windows94

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
She was doing that for me too. I kept trying and after about 5 times of trying all these things with different combinations and I typed my question. She started working. It's worth it to his keep trying man. I know how frustrating it is

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon