Why is Cortana running wild?

blackbriar511

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Didn't know if I had to post this problem on this forum or the Lumia 1520 forums. Anyhow Cortana is opening up randomly when I'm calling, using the web, listening to podcasts, and sometimes just on its on. It's literally making the phone unusable. I've tried turning it off, restarting the phone, but problem continues. Has anyone else had this problem? If so any solution's short of returning the phone? (I've had it since July from an insurance claim after my 920 fell in the toilet). Thanks in advance.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This has been reported in the past. It seems like it was related to an issue with the digitizer. You might have to take it in for service.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I'll try disabling in the background to see if that helps, and what is the "red-head female?"

When you're asked if you want a male or female voice, maybe there's a red-head option? Never mind, apparently you've never married a red-head. :winktongue:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You're not disabling it, just keeping it from running in the background. Cortana is constantly "learning" so if it's running in the background it'll be responding to your browsing habits, searching your calendars, logging who you call, etc. I can only imagine that after a few weeks it has you figured out and the app settles, but I'm not that patient so I keep background tasks off.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine was fixed randomly after a complete phone wipe and reset, the screen sensitivity issue went allowing me to put glance back on. In essence god knows what's going on could of bent the digitizer back into place for all I know lol!

blackbriar511

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about the long reply, been quite busy at work. I turned off the apps running in background feature, it still does it but not as bad. I posted on another thread I started that now I don't have an audio coming from the head jack (sigh).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster