How do I use Cortana in China??

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the Lumia 925 running Cyan version 8.10.12393.890. My region settings are set as Country / Region: China, and Regional Format: English (Canada). I was under the impression that Cortana was available in China (as Xiao Na, or even as the default). However, I do not see it in the list of applications under Settings, where I can turn it on/off. Can somebody please help me get this going?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the Lumia 925 running Cyan version 8.10.12393.890. My region settings are set as Country / Region: China, and Regional Format: English (Canada). I was under the impression that Cortana was available in China (as Xiao Na, or even as the default). However, I do not see it in the list of applications under Settings, where I can turn it on/off. Can somebody please help me get this going?

It's not just the region, everything has to be set to China AFAIK. N_LaRUE is also right in that you need Update 1 as well.

Warren Poultney

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I initially was using Cortana fully with the Developers Preview. Lanuage & Regional Settings need to be set to US.

But since Cortana officially rolled out in China apart from Weather inquiries I can not get any response in English. Even then, though she speaks the weather forecast in English the accompanying information provided in text is all Chinese Simplified expect that which is numerical.

She no longer tells jokes, responds to all commands with Bing search results with Chinese results first. She doesn't even respond to "whats my name?" any longer, she responds to "Who am I?" in Chinese.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos