Amazon echo vs Cortana

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
IDK... Amazon has a growing walled garden ecosystem that many are buying into. An interesting "push" on their part as it separates the digital assistant from being part of another device. I can see a lot of people getting these as gifts from family/friends/co-workers. Great to leave on a desktop or even the kitchen counter... Put one in the kids' room instead of a standalone computer or purchasing them a smart device...

​There is definitely a niche for this.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it looks way cool! I requested an invitation.

Let us know how that goes... Was there any kind of points system based on existing Amazon account? I know there are other "invitation" systems for limited issue tech, never been involved in the process and I'm curious.

​Thanks for any input.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Let us know how that goes... Was there any kind of points system based on existing Amazon account? I know there are other "invitation" systems for limited issue tech, never been involved in the process and I'm curious.

​Thanks for any input.

I will, my wife is even excited about it and she normally doesn't like tech stuff.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I will, my wife is even excited about it and she normally doesn't like tech stuff.

all the womenz I know are gaga about it. I'm betting a lot of kitchen counters have it smoozing out npr or similarly nice classical music after thanksgiving.

personally I don't see the point in having a non mobile device that does what my phone does

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720