Driving Directions - Need to Ask Twice?

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I notice an annoying event happening almost consistently when on the road. It is some sort of a data disjoin between Cortana and Here Drive +. I will either verbally ask, or write for, a location within Cortana. The search results will show a listing, where one box has a phone number to call and the box to the right is labeled "Directions". Whenever I press the "Directions" button, a map appears, and the two bottom buttons are labeled "start voice nav" and "route steps". When I press the "start voice nav" I get the Here Drive + map but without the "START" button. When this happens I need to close the map, go back to Cortana, and ask again. On the second attempt it will usually work okay. Is there something I am doing wrong? When it last happened yesterday, I noticed that the initial map which popped up was still routed to a previous map search, not to the location I was currently searching for.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had this happen quite a few times just trying to get Drive+ directions from the default maps app, not using Cortana. Hitting the 'start navigation' or so will get me to the Drive+ app, but no route will be present, just the 3D map with the current location. It's definitely annoying when it happens, which is may one out of ten times I'm guessing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss