Cortana won't remind me of geofence reminders. What can I do?

srslykev

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Since Cortana was released as an alpha in Germany, this weekend I've been enjoying her quite a lot. (Although my 925's mic won't work without a headset anymore -.-).
But the one thing, that doesn't seem to work is geofence reminders. I can set them up fine, but she has never reminded me, so far.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And is there something I can do to change it?

//Location services are on, and Cortana is allowed to work in the background. Also location reminders are mentioned in the German release notes, so this shouldn't be restricted to my country.

Thanks in advance ;)

//edit: without changing anything in particular, it now works.. at least 90% of the time. I love it! Sadly, I cannot say, what happened that it is now working. I did switch Cortana on and off, though. But right after that, it was still not working.

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you set up your "places" in the settings, for example if you want a reminder when you get home, you have to tell it where home is.

For example if I wanted Cortana to remind me to look left when I cross Waterloo bridge I would have to have set up Waterloo bridge as a place.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you set up your "places" in the settings, for example if you want a reminder when you get home, you have to tell it where home is.

For example if I wanted Cortana to remind me to look left when I cross Waterloo bridge I would have to have set up Waterloo bridge as a place.

Exactly, it's like I've been saying in another thread, about people in your inner circle, that you have to set up Cortana first as "she" doesn't automatically know these things.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I also have this problem. It is discussed in many threads right now. Yes I have set up the locations in the settings. Location based remindesr never worked for me neither when i defined the places by exact address nor by the places that cortana is asking ("Is this your home?") after a little time.

One of the threads where the problem is already discussed: http://forums.windowscentral.com/co...get-location-based-reminder-cortana-work.html

srslykev

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I couldn't find anything about this topic, so I started this here.
In other news, without changing anything in particular, it now works.. at least 90% of the time. I love it! Sadly, I cannot say, what happened that it is now working. I did switch Cortana on and off, though. But right after that, it was still not working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb