Windows 10: Black is the new blue

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Let me just bud in with the whole "black" theme...notice that the color of his taskbar is black. That's probably the Windows theme color he has. My assumption is that everything else could revolve around your theme/accent color

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It seems to me that Windows 10 is turning more black with every build. Since build 9901, the calculater is black, the xbox app is black, the photo app is black, the new store is black themed and the taskbar is black. The title bar is already black for ages.

So I'm guessing, no more blue after years and years of a blue themed Windows versions by default. I find this pretty surprising, because black themed things were always considered 'cool' or for the gaming area, or gaming websites, consumer stuff, less serious stuff. Not really for business. I love the black themed stuff, but it seems funny for business use. It was always grey/blue/white. This is kind of a daring move from Microsoft.

To me it appears like going 'cool'. Which could be a good thing because things for business don't have to be grey and blue anymore. People want to have cool looking software at work as well now.

Watch this video and you'll see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEbiHIFTqIE

And if any of you devs are reading, please remove that ugly looking recycle bin from the desktop, it has been destroying my wallpapers for years.

No offense but how many times does the guy have to say it is an unfinished beta? People have obviously not been involved in previous beta testing if they want to speculate about such stuff. Various builds of previous versions of Windows were downright ugly at this stage. Office 2007 and 2010 even had place holders for ribbon icons during initial beta testing and if I remember correctly an Adobe Lightroom beta had some text appear backwards on a few displays (was a beta tester for all of the above). None of this means anything. Beyond it being a beta, it could even be a color scheme option, or since it was a leaked private beta, possibly be something targeted towards a specific user base. For that matter, you can achieve most of the same effect by choosing the high contrast black theme in the current release of Windows and apply even more by customizing it.

I am sorry but this is all just about a meaningful as arguing that Windows 10 will be slow or will have big blank boxes for some apps because that is what is visible in the current leaked private beta. This is also why, unless they want something leaked (it does happen) the disclaimer about people getting fired, etc., is very real.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
@ the op, you do know you can change the desktop icons :winktongue: even the recycle bin and if you don't want anything destroying your wallpaper then get something like windows blinds. If one was to go to my desktop directory, they would get lost in it :grin:.

Windows Blinds.jpg

Also Zack from WinBeta does mention the task bar does change colour albeit it is very subtle, however this could change as it is an unfinished build which is clearly evident.

I'm sorry if a person cannot distinguish between an unfinished build and a RTMed product then they should not be even testing a beta build let alone running it in a virtual machine.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded the leaked build, and it's honestly really classy. With a few more animations it would look awesome. If only they could make the installation process look this aweome, I would be happy...

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I changed themes..what is interesting is title bar does change color temporarily as you change the theme to non-black sometimes but in the end it goes black..calculator is always black. I intentionally picked a light colored theme to check.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I wish they used the boot login screen. As the same as Xbox One's that would look so cool

For where the profile pic is. It should be the desktop background instead

Last edited:

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
No offense but how many times does the guy have to say it is an unfinished beta? People have obviously not been involved in previous beta testing if they want to speculate about such stuff. Various builds of previous versions of Windows were downright ugly at this stage. Office 2007 and 2010 even had place holders for ribbon icons during initial beta testing and if I remember correctly an Adobe Lightroom beta had some text appear backwards on a few displays (was a beta tester for all of the above). None of this means anything. Beyond it being a beta, it could even be a color scheme option, or since it was a leaked private beta, possibly be something targeted towards a specific user base. For that matter, you can achieve most of the same effect by choosing the high contrast black theme in the current release of Windows and apply even more by customizing it.

I am sorry but this is all just about a meaningful as arguing that Windows 10 will be slow or will have big blank boxes for some apps because that is what is visible in the current leaked private beta. This is also why, unless they want something leaked (it does happen) the disclaimer about people getting fired, etc., is very real.

No offence, it I'm just speculating. It does seem Microsoft is going DARKER. Just an observation.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I like it, I had the build for a few hours before it crashed and wouldn't boot anymore lol, hanging back on 79 until a new build leaks or the cp, W10 is going to be epic!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss