12-16-2014 11:27 PM
31 12
tools
    It seems to me that Windows 10 is turning more black with every build. Since build 9901, the calculater is black, the xbox app is black, the photo app is black, the new store is black themed and the taskbar is black. The title bar is already black for ages.

So I'm guessing, no more blue after years and years of a blue themed Windows versions by default. I find this pretty surprising, because black themed things were always considered 'cool' or for the gaming area, or gaming websites, consumer stuff, less serious stuff. Not really for business. I love the black themed stuff, but it seems funny for business use. It was always grey/blue/white. This is kind of a daring move from Microsoft.

To me it appears like going 'cool'. Which could be a good thing because things for business don't have to be grey and blue anymore. People want to have cool looking software at work as well now.

Watch this video and you'll see:

And if any of you devs are reading, please remove that ugly looking recycle bin from the desktop, it has been destroying my wallpapers for years.
    Robert Warmerdam likes this.
    12-14-2014 05:45 PM
    It does appear that it is moving towards black.

Btw, to remove the Recycle Bin icon, right click desktop -> Personalize -> Change Desktop Icons -> Uncheck Recycle Bin
    12-14-2014 07:33 PM
    More black? Good.

Needs it more back on WP though I would think.
    heat 33330 likes this.
    12-14-2014 08:14 PM
    Blue is so XP.
    12-14-2014 09:15 PM
    It will turn so black that it will suck everything around it and it self into it self and create the next big bang. Hopefully metaphorically meaning very good for Windows. I want Transparency.
    12-14-2014 09:32 PM
    Whats wrong with being black? I'm black... Is it a problem?

Vista was that way as well to an extent. Windows 7 became more Aero then a color. But I'm guessing it has to do with unifying Xbox,desktop,mobile together
    xandros9 and portalfocus like this.
    12-14-2014 09:46 PM
    I expect that maybe you can choose your color accent like in Windows Phone that would be great.. But lets see what's around the corner now..
    12-14-2014 09:50 PM
    Thanks marquis I know how to remove it, but I want it to look good for regular people who don't know it.

Her3814, yes maybe all the black can be changed later on in your own color to a degree. Maybe they use black to design everything on.
    12-15-2014 04:56 AM
    Black on UI looks nice only when it mixed with colors and images I didn't like windows 10 store, alarm, recorder or calculator it looks completely black without colors
    LTTG and portalfocus like this.
    12-15-2014 05:55 PM
    Black on UI looks nice only when it mixed with colors and images I didn't like windows 10 store, alarm, recorder or calculator it looks completely black without colors
    screenshot-3-.png

You were saying?

Windows 10 has it's Metro UI design language inspired by the Xbox One UI
    12-15-2014 06:08 PM
    Maybe CERN should start searching in Windows 10 for a black hole.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-15-2014 06:19 PM
    I actually love it ! It gives that unified feeling across lumias and desktops , cant wait for windows 10 on phones to see what changes are planned
    portalfocus and xandros9 like this.
    12-15-2014 06:24 PM
    Yes, it's turning black and I'm loving it. I've always wanted Windows to go this way in the UI area. If any Microsoft people are reading this, good work. I can't wait to see more. I wish there was a "faster than fast" option for new builds xD
    12-15-2014 06:25 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3).png 
Views:	95 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	91270

You were saying?

Windows 10 has it's Metro UI design language inspired by the Xbox One UI
    Just look at it it looks dead soul I'd be completely depressed if I used that on daily basis
    LTTG and EndOfRope like this.
    12-15-2014 06:28 PM
    Just look at it it looks dead soul I'd be completely depressed if I used that on daily basis
    But it looks sexy :-) as in Xbox One dashboard sexy
    xandros9, Forc3 and SammyD97 like this.
    12-15-2014 06:32 PM
    That is indeed a depressing calculator. As if calculating isn't depressing enough on its own.

I do like black themed stuff but it has to be cheered up with colors.

The new Xbox app also looks really depressing.
    heat 33330 and LTTG like this.
    12-15-2014 06:34 PM
    Liking the Converters in Calculator... It should let you change the color though, Perhaps in the Registry.
    12-15-2014 08:27 PM
    I think if they wanted a More "Modern" design, White would have matched IMO.
    12-15-2014 08:42 PM
    Liking the Converters in Calculator... It should let you change the color though, Perhaps in the Registry.
    I looks like it changes through your accent colour of the system.
    12-15-2014 08:49 PM
    Black themes are easier to look at for long periods of time. I think maybe when a button is pressed on the calculator it should light up with the accent color instead of just with gray. That would bring some more color to the program and I think it would look slick.
    12-16-2014 03:05 AM
    Let me just bud in with the whole "black" theme...notice that the color of his taskbar is black. That's probably the Windows theme color he has. My assumption is that everything else could revolve around your theme/accent color
    12-16-2014 08:47 AM
    It seems to me that Windows 10 is turning more black with every build. Since build 9901, the calculater is black, the xbox app is black, the photo app is black, the new store is black themed and the taskbar is black. The title bar is already black for ages.

So I'm guessing, no more blue after years and years of a blue themed Windows versions by default. I find this pretty surprising, because black themed things were always considered 'cool' or for the gaming area, or gaming websites, consumer stuff, less serious stuff. Not really for business. I love the black themed stuff, but it seems funny for business use. It was always grey/blue/white. This is kind of a daring move from Microsoft.

To me it appears like going 'cool'. Which could be a good thing because things for business don't have to be grey and blue anymore. People want to have cool looking software at work as well now.

Watch this video and you'll see:

And if any of you devs are reading, please remove that ugly looking recycle bin from the desktop, it has been destroying my wallpapers for years.
    No offense but how many times does the guy have to say it is an unfinished beta? People have obviously not been involved in previous beta testing if they want to speculate about such stuff. Various builds of previous versions of Windows were downright ugly at this stage. Office 2007 and 2010 even had place holders for ribbon icons during initial beta testing and if I remember correctly an Adobe Lightroom beta had some text appear backwards on a few displays (was a beta tester for all of the above). None of this means anything. Beyond it being a beta, it could even be a color scheme option, or since it was a leaked private beta, possibly be something targeted towards a specific user base. For that matter, you can achieve most of the same effect by choosing the high contrast black theme in the current release of Windows and apply even more by customizing it.

I am sorry but this is all just about a meaningful as arguing that Windows 10 will be slow or will have big blank boxes for some apps because that is what is visible in the current leaked private beta. This is also why, unless they want something leaked (it does happen) the disclaimer about people getting fired, etc., is very real.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    12-16-2014 09:37 AM
    @ the op, you do know you can change the desktop icons even the recycle bin and if you don't want anything destroying your wallpaper then get something like windows blinds. If one was to go to my desktop directory, they would get lost in it .

windows-blinds.jpg

Also Zack from WinBeta does mention the task bar does change colour albeit it is very subtle, however this could change as it is an unfinished build which is clearly evident.

I'm sorry if a person cannot distinguish between an unfinished build and a RTMed product then they should not be even testing a beta build let alone running it in a virtual machine.
    12-16-2014 10:11 AM
    It would look great on an amoled screens...
    KarmaEcrivain94 and xandros9 like this.
    12-16-2014 01:04 PM
    Downloaded the leaked build, and it's honestly really classy. With a few more animations it would look awesome. If only they could make the installation process look this aweome, I would be happy...
    12-16-2014 02:19 PM
31 12