What Cortana Needs To Do

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It really seems to me that Cortana is missing alot of really useful and valuable functions, especially some that she needs if MS wants to make a personal assistant that can compete with Siri and Google Now.

I'd like to get a list going of some of the most useful actions that she's missing. If you've got any, post them!

Read last text message, or all unread messages - 'Cortana, read my text messages.

Read last text message from a specific person -'Cortana, read my text messages from (could make it so you can have her read a certain number of the last texts)

Distance to a location - 'cortana, how far is it to Colorado Springs?' You can kind of get this by asking her for directions, but it's rather excessive and inconvenient.

Keith Brooks

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I've found a area they need to improve. They recently announced you could ask Cortana to sing you a Christmas song. I tried it numerous times and it appears that 4 out of 5 times Bing open's up instead of Cortana singing. As far as texts, she announces when I receive one and asks if I want it read or ignored.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
You can do that last one from Cortana already. It'll apparently take 22 hours and 35 minutes for me to get to Colorado Springs and it's 1446 miles away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss