Will You Use W10?

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been on Windows 7 since it first came out, and have been happy. I didn't have any interest in using Windows 8 as I was still on a desktop with no touchscreen capabilities. I recently was able to try out Windows 8.1 Enterprise and was surprised at how fluid and smooth it was. I considered picking it up but figure I'll wait for W10.

I'm planning on grabbing W10 and migrating over as soon as it hits. How about you? Not only will I be looking forward to new features, such as Cortana on a PC, but I'd also like to support MS and see the product that may determine how they do in the coming years.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's free, I'll pick it up within a couple days of launch.

If its not, maybe a little bit after that.

Color me excited.

DWill22

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I really like Windows 8.1 and I really hope they don't spoil it. I am waiting to see how it works on tablets and it would not be free. More than likely there will be a low cost upgrade like they did for the launch of Windows 8.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
If its free/cheap then I will go for it

I was initially excited about 10, but the more I see/read about it the less impressed I am, to many of the features of 8 are being removed

January event where they announce more consumer features will be when I make my mind up, if it still appears to be fully desktop oriented instead of how 8 is, then I might skip 10 until I get a new machine with it pre installed

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My win7 machine will stay win7.
My win8 laptop will stay at 8.1 cuz its too damn slow and old now. I'll probably be on 10 when the surface pro 4 arrives whenever.
My phone will probably use 10 if its not too much of a departure and its proven worth it.
of course it all has to be free update otherwise no, im not unless I get a dedicated win10 machine.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My win7 machine will stay win7.
My win8 laptop will stay at 8.1 cuz its too damn slow and old now. I'll probably be on 10 when the surface pro 4 arrives whenever.
My phone will probably use 10 if its not too much of a departure and its proven worth it.
of course it all has to be free update otherwise no, im not unless I get a dedicated win10 machine.

You know that windows 10 is just as smooth as 8.1 right? upgrading to 10 wont make your slow laptop slower, I have my old laptop (dell inspiron E1505) running W10 and its real smooth

Kaymd

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No question about it. I'm getting W10 as soon as it's released, free or not. Who would want to miss out on the most advanced desktop OS ever? MS is really pushing the envelope with W10!

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'll definitely be using it, but depending on how much it costs I might hold off for awhile. I ended up going back to Windows 7 after I used 8.1 for a couple of months so if Windows 10 costs the standard $100 I don't think I'll jump in Day One.

walterg1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure when I will switch to Windows 10.
I need to build a new desktop, so I guess it really depends on when I build it.

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8 after trying the developers preview of Windows 8 and when it released it, I upgraded al my systems to it.
Windows 8.1 improved it and now I will get Windows 10. It is free as you have a version of windows 8 and it doesn't matter if it is an upgrade ore full version. My tablets will get the upgrade to and I hope that they release wp 10 soon after it so I have everything on windows 10.
Than save some money for the xbox one and my home is running Windows 10.
And that from a man that used Ubuntu and other Linux versions but went back to Windows 7 because of the lack of software, hardware support and stability. After they released Windows 8 I left Linux behind me and I think the few that were thinking to leave windows because of 8 will not do that or return with windows 10.

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I'll definitely be using it, but depending on how much it costs I might hold off for awhile. I ended up going back to Windows 7 after I used 8.1 for a couple of months so if Windows 10 costs the standard $100 I don't think I'll jump in Day One.

As you have used windows 8.1 than you have a version of 8.1 or not?
If so than is windows 10 free for the system were you have 8.1 for.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
This will be the first time in my life that I get to upgrade my desktop OS, is it the same as with wp where you just basically download and install the update without losing any data like programs and games? Or is it more complicated than that?

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
If it has transparent tiles and background behind tiles I will use it.
Also I hope that OS performance would not be issue on phones with 512MB.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Probably only if it finally gets a true landscape wallpaper on the home screen with transparent live tiles. Which is exactly what leaked so far.. Look matters as it makes experience a lot more enjoyable for me. 💎🔫👑⛺

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a retail copy of Windows 8 Professional Edition. I used it for a couple of months and upgraded it to 8.1 and used that for awhile. Over time I had a lot of weird compatibility issues that had something to do with the hardware so I downgraded back to Windows 7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05