Windows Insider is changing..

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email letting me know "exciting" new things are coming soon and T&Cs are changing from 21st January.

Consumer Preview is so coming! 😊
Using my Halloween Lumia 930.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150115_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150115_0001.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 27

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if I'll get an email or not. I joined and installed the first Tech Preview build in a VM and tried it a couple times, but I haven't used it since and uninstalled it from the VM.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The log in option is only for Microsoft employees to get current test builds ring 1. The current windows 10 technical preview allowed ring 2 (fast) or ring 3 (slow) build updates. Currently I am assuming that the phone insider will download ring 3 updates automatically the way the current pfd does when they are released. Hopefully the first update will be available on the 21st though we shall see.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't have windows for devs on my phone because when I do and go to extras and info I'm back to Cyan. I have denim at the moment and I am waiting on the next windows for devs update to include Denim.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The developer previews at least currently do not include firmware. That is a separate download from the carrier and part of the reason why people with Lumia icons are so irritated. We are actually still on black. The extras and info showing denim has been a bug in the app for a while.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Okay. Worked now thanks.

Having signed up, it's asking me to install Windows 10 tech prev. But I'm thinking, I am signing up for phone and not PC. Do I ignore that? I already got Phone Insider installed.

Ya I have the same problem. I try logging into the phone app and it says my username and password are wrong. Bit confused by it myself.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The developer previews at least currently do not include firmware. That is a separate download from the carrier and part of the reason why people with Lumia icons are so irritated. We are actually still on black. The extras and info showing denim has been a bug in the app for a while.

Yes PFD us good but it does have its problems. I had it for about 8 months and internet explorer kept crashing and the keyboard had issues with autocorrect still has a small few issues but I have Windows 8.1 and Denim so I think ill wait for the next official non preview update.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if I'll get an email or not. I joined and installed the first Tech Preview build in a VM and tried it a couple times, but I haven't used it since and uninstalled it from the VM.

I've used Windows 10 very little. I basically installed it into a VM, looked at it, and didn't go back to it. Partially, I installed it on my work laptop that is adequate, but lacks the spare resources to share with a VM, but I still received the email. I think it's tied to signing up to get the Win10 ISO back when they released it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte