Discussion following the Windows 10 Event!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Waiting room for W10:3 days to go:

Do you think Microsoft will start saying that w10 is the largest operating system globally by including all devices under one number of market share?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

It's just an MS event. No devices or new OS will be released. Preview or otherwise.
People have misread the news and setting themselves up for diappointment... You will have to wait for Summer 2015, I'm afraid!!!!

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

It's just an MS event. No devices or new OS will be released. Preview or otherwise.
People have misread the news and setting themselves up for diappointment... You will have to wait for Summer 2015, I'm afraid!!!!

all are talking about preview version and details about win10 for mobile .... so this is announcement event most likely

James Light

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

you re right my friend but w10 from developers will come very soon!

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Its an announcement event of windows 10 for pc,the speculation is for the fact that will they announce anything for phone!!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Gird your loins family. These images look fantastic but they almost always have no resemblance to what MS brings to the table. I expect it will be good, but look nothing like what the artists are putting in this thread.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Waiting room for W10:4 days to go:

I want :

1) landscape/screenrotation in the home.
2) true background image
3) option for truly running an app in background (to allow, for example, receiving soap calls)
4) alternative way to unlock security phone, for example NFC ring
5) interactive Tiles
6) OTG
7) true video out using micro usb and an HDMI/micro usb adapter for projecting the phone using standard televisions
8) usb tethering as one of the standard supported options
9) support for Bluetooth mouse/keyboard

optional :

10) support for usb mouse/keyboard
11) desktop tile (why not? If I have a phablet I could enjoy the experience)
12) running every standard/full W10 app from the W10 store
13) enabling DLNA for every WP out there, I don't understand why my Ativ S can't stream on the WIFI what it can already project on my PC using USB

A lot of those are good, but the desktop is a puzzling one. It's also one we're not likely to see, since every piece of information we have at this point is leaning toward the mobile variant having no desktop at all. I have also never understood this want for keyboard and mouse support for phones.

Slawootsky

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Really excited, whatever the outcome is, but probably not gonna install until the final release. If I want to use something, I want it to be polished, smooth and seamless. :)

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

We need to have a blank home screen,like desktop version....and add icons that we want to home screen....plus widgets....just like the full Windows Featured OS

If Microsoft really wants their OS to be one,across all platforms...then that's what they should do....give us a choice of UI....desktop or metro....just like we can switch between the two on a surface pro 3...we should be able to do the same on my kick a$$ 6" inch Phablet....the 1525

And those who like tiles....you will still be able to switch to it

1) desktop ui is horrible on the 1520, I know, I've used remote desktop a few times
-1.5 if you want the actual desktop.. you are aware thats physically impossible right?
2) either you typo'ed 1520 badly, or everything you say now is officially creditless.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

The only thing I am very nervous about is the W10 version for tablets (RT). I hope they let the desktop UI as an option for all the users actually using both UIs.

I for example use the modern UI quite often when using my Surface as a "touch-tablet", but the desktop UI when using it with the typecover. It is just awesome to have the windows explorer and all the settings (network drives, control panel and so on) on my surface. Especially when I am not at home, but need to work with hard drives and network drives for exchanging data... Having the desktop office package on my Surface + Typecover is a a huge bonus as well... I always use the "desktop" office...

Other than that: do what you want, Microsoft :D

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

The only thing I am very nervous about is the W10 version for tablets (RT). I hope they let the desktop UI as an option for all the users actually using both UIs.

I for example use the modern UI quite often when using my Surface as a "touch-tablet", but the desktop UI when using it with the typecover. It is just awesome to have the windows explorer and all the settings (network drives, control panel and so on) on my surface. Especially when I am not at home, but need to work with hard drives and network drives for exchanging data... Having the desktop office package on my Surface + Typecover is a a huge bonus as well... I always use the "desktop" office...

Other than that: do what you want, Microsoft :D

no, the desktop on RT is useless and confusing to the public, it HAS to go.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

no, the desktop on RT is useless and confusing to the public, it HAS to go.

well...once again we have a comment with no connection to what was written...

I explained a bit why I am using the desktop on RT every day and pretty much 60% of the time and you comment with "(...) the desktop on RT is useless (...)". I respect your opinion, but it is..well...just your personal opinion and not a fact.

Unless the new modern UI gives us all the settings and possibilities the desktop UI has, I don't see how it is going to be a good decision...

Features I need to have:
-a true file explorer with all the settings, options and possibilites the current explorer has
-adding removing network drives
-using desktop office if a keyboard/mouse is attached
-using desktop ie with all the features only the desktop version has (save to, change search engines, other addons and so on...)
-all the control panel and other settings only available through the dekstop ui

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

My expectations are so high - they're gonna get into jail.
So there's almost no way MS is gonna disapoint me. However Even though most of my wishes probably ain't gonna be fulfilled, I'm probably still gonna be happy because that's how I am.
Also it's funny that I can't wait for it, and my phone is broken (poor L1520, screen got shattered and the touchscreen is not responding anymore).

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

well...once again we have a comment with no connection to what was written...

I explained a bit why I am using the desktop on RT every day and pretty much 60% of the time and you comment with "(...) the desktop on RT is useless (...)". I respect your opinion, but it is..well...just your personal opinion and not a fact.

Unless the new modern UI gives us all the settings and possibilities the desktop UI has, I don't see how it is going to be a good decision...

Features I need to have:
-a true file explorer with all the settings, options and possibilites the current explorer has
-adding removing network drives
-using desktop office if a keyboard/mouse is attached
-using desktop ie with all the features only the desktop version has (save to, change search engines, other addons and so on...)
-all the control panel and other settings only available through the dekstop ui
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the preview version already have everything he listed as features he needs to have?

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

Rumor is that all Small Screen Devices (10" and under) will use the mobile SKU regardless of CPU Architecture and that this SKU will have no desktop and only the MUI Interface.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

Rumor is that all Small Screen Devices (10" and under) will use the mobile SKU regardless of CPU Architecture and that this SKU will have no desktop and only the MUI Interface.

actually. It's 10 and over will have the desktop and under 10 inches will have only the modern UI

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro