Discussion following the Windows 10 Event!

Bojan Malinovic

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Waiting room for W10:2 days to go:

Must admit that I am expecting event to bring something new, especially since everything is kept so secret. No leaks, no info, no nothing regarding mobile platform. I would like that we see some ui changes and, some of the concepts out there are pretty nice. But then again my wishes and reality often dont go together. If I remember well MS said that W10 will be same visually for all platforms, then we cant expect much to change in ui since W10 is not that big of UI change compared to W8.1.

But two more days and well see.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Anyone concerned that we haven't seen any leaks for WP OS yet?

Perhaps all we will hear is "There will be similar OS for phones and tablets too. Hang on till Mobile World Congress in March. We have already launched an Insider program. Sign up and we will let you know when we are ready after March."?

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Anyone concerned that we haven't seen any leaks for WP OS yet?

Perhaps all we will hear is "There will be similar OS for phones and tablets too. Hang on till Mobile World Congress in March. We have already launched an Insider program. Sign up and we will let you know when we are ready after March."?

Yep I agree,this may very well be the case!

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Feels like Microsoft released Windows 8 few days back. Every update has given something what we needed. Waiting for Windows 10😊

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

No leaks even though the event is near..

That is quite astonishing when you think about it. Nowadays nothing is kept completely secret. We had screenshots of the Action Centre before WP 8.1 was announced. We saw what iPhone 6 looked like a couple of months before Tim Cook introduced it on stage.

I strongly hope that MS has put a lot of effort and creativity into Windows 10 for Phones or whatever they've decided to call it. They are playing catch up, and if they want to be a serious and legitimate alternative to iOS and Android, they have to come out with something pretty special.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

That is quite astonishing when you think about it. Nowadays nothing is kept completely secret. We had screenshots of the Action Centre before WP 8.1 was announced. We saw what iPhone 6 looked like a couple of months before Tim Cook introduced it on stage.

I strongly hope that MS has put a lot of effort and creativity into Windows 10 for Phones or whatever they've decided to call it. They are playing catch up, and if they want to be a serious and legitimate alternative to iOS and Android, they have to come out with something pretty special.

Don't get your hopes high.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Yeah pretty much surprised as they are no leaks so far :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

No news comes about wp10 . In wp8.1 all features leaks before announcement

8.1 leaks surfaced online way ahead of the launch..whereas 10 no news yet..Are we expecting too much from MS !
Tune to 21st January 10:30 pm

Because maybe there isn't anything worth "leaking"? The online media has hyped this thing up so wrongly. If history has a say in this, we know even with all the leaks Microsoft has disappointed as far as WP OS talks go. On 21st it isn't even WP OS talk. It is about Windows 10. WP will be talked about in March at MWC. So expecting too much for a phone on 21st is just looking for a unicorn on the rainbow on a stormy day.

RocketRocker

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Because maybe there isn't anything worth "leaking"? The online media has hyped this thing up so wrongly. If history has a say in this, we know even with all the leaks Microsoft has disappointed as far as WP OS talks go. On 21st it isn't even WP OS talk. It is about Windows 10. WP will be talked about in March at MWC. So expecting too much for a phone on 21st is just looking for a unicorn on the rainbow on a stormy day.
Do you know the actual content of the event or do you just share your opinion with us?

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

It is about Windows 10 that implies for PC as well as Phone..But the recently released Phone Insider makes me more curious...We shouldn't be surprised even if MS doesn't reveal too much about windows 10 for phone and also if 10 is actually 8.1 update 2 :)

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Waiting room for W10:3 days to go:

Quoting myself: "Unless the new modern UI gives us all the settings and possibilities the desktop UI has, I don't see how it is going to be a good decision..."

If all the options are really implemented in the modern UI, I by no means have any issues with that... BUT: do you have any link or other information backing up what you wrote? I didn't know there was a preview version for the new IE (or whatever it is going to be called), so I am not sure we can know what features the modern version of the browser is going to have or not to have...

Well you gave a list with the heading "features I need to have" and only one of them had anything to do with internet explorer:

"-a true file explorer with all the settings, options and possibilites the current explorer has
-adding removing network drives
-using desktop office if a keyboard/mouse is attached
-using desktop ie with all the features only the desktop version has (save to, change search engines, other addons and so on...)
-all the control panel and other settings only available through the dekstop ui"

Internet Explorer comes bundled with the OS and the version that comes with the preview does everything you asked for (because it's internet explorer). As for everything else on that list, I could be wrong but from my experience with the w10 preview it already does everything you mention.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Rumor is that all Small Screen Devices (10" and under) will use the mobile SKU regardless of CPU Architecture and that this SKU will have no desktop and only the MUI Interface.

Wait what? So my 8 inch tablet running full windows will have the desktop stripped away?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

That's been a rumoured feature for a while - common OS, but it'll adapt itself across devices dependent on their capabilities.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise